Documentation on zeos.firmos.at - deadlink

All about the Doxygen documentation for Zeoslib.
Links to the downloads and online version.

Moderators: gto, bravecobra

af0815
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Documentation on zeos.firmos.at - deadlink

Post by af0815 »

I search for some documentation and found a lot of dead links to zeos.firmos.at . The domain is not reachable.

Is the content from zeos.firmos.at also lost or somewhere reachable ?

Andreas
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Documentation on zeos.firmos.at - deadlink

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Andreas,

zeos.firmos.at is dead for quite some time now. I recently transferred some old documentation into a new pdf file. I didn't rewrite it though so the contents still is old but still mostly valid. I couldn't attach the file here because it already is too large. I will send it to you by e-mail and think about uploading it to SourceForge later on. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask them here in the forums.

With best regards,

Jan
af0815
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by af0815 »

Thank you for the information. I found parts of the zeos-manual translated to german in the 'Delphi-Treff' and have also an 'original' pdf
Author Michael Seeger (ZeosLib Development Team) Date 26.03.2008, 16:01 Views 6143 at 22,03,2010 Description A ZEOS basics tutorial not only for Firebird ... Category Firebird / Interbase Type
on my documentation system.

Is it possible to publish the information and extend it, without copyright violations ?

Andreas

BTW: It looks like an Latex Source :-) for me. I have written the LazInfos (German article about databases, hosted on sourceforge) in Latex too.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Andreas,

erm - did you get my e-mail? Chapter 2, "A ZEOS basics tutorial not only for Firebird ..." should be more or less the same thing as the pdf file that you found. ;) Usually we would need Michael Seegers permission to use and modify the text. But since he intended to do a kind of a manual for Zeos, I just assume that we are allowed to use his work as a basis for the things that we need to do.
BTW: It looks like an Latex Source :-) for me. I have written the LazInfos (German article about databases, hosted on sourceforge) in Latex too.
I am not sure which document you refer to here. The PDF file that I sent to you is created using Latex. The Latex source is part of the SVN. See https://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code- ... ation/tex/.
Although prior authors started their documentation using docbook, I decided to rely on Latex. Please keep in mind, that I am a beginner in Latex. Compiling the documantation for Zeos is only my second project using Latex ;)

With best regards,

Jan
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

I uploaded the PDF file for all th world to see. See
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeosli ... mentation/
or use this direct download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeosli ... f/download
af0815
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by af0815 »

So the good news are -> no deadlink for documentation.

I have written the LazInfos in Latex too. I used an another structure. You can see this at the svn on sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/p/lazsnippets/c ... zSnippets/

Andreas

BTW: We can discuss this direkt.
af0815
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by af0815 »

Sometimes i find parts of the zeos.at documentation on my searches, where is the place to publish or send ?

Here in Forum ?

Andreas
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Andreas,

here in the forums always is a good idea. You could also post / send patches to apply to the Zeos Documentation Collection. More on that in a separate e-mail.

With best regards,

Jan
af0815
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by af0815 »

Here the snippets i found in the archives of the web. They where from the vanished site.

Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.