Large integers

This is the international (english) support forum for the SQLite Administrator developed and maintained by Orbmu2k.

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, Orbmu2k

Arasaka
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Large integers

Post by Arasaka »

Hello,

First and foremost, I love SQlite admin. It's easy to use, fast, flexible, all around super.

But I have one gripe with large integers. I have a table where a column is defined as INTEGER, with values of 13 digits (I imagine stored on 6 bytes, which should be OK according to http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html). These are timestamps calculated in microseconds from 1800-01-01 00:00:00 (a bit like UNIX time but with a different 0 day). All straight queries of those columns returns 0. Where clauses think this column is always 0 when used in a comparison. The only way I can have it show correctly is by modifying the value, say multiply it by 1. The sqlite3.dll and sqlite3.exe do not show 0, they show the correct value.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Regards.
Arasaka
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Arasaka »

P.S.: second gripe: columns in the GUI take up the entire width of the remaining available space whenever a mathematical operation is performed on a column. So that a query of n columns displays on n pages wide...
Arasaka
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Arasaka »

Tests I ran on massive inserts revealed (at the time) that definitions outside the SQLite3 standard were "dangerous", a.k.a. sometimes, nothing would get recorded. Plus, I'm simply not changing all my table definitions so that a database viewer can agree. Sigh...

It's still a kickass program, don't get me wrong. Any way to become a collaborator on this?