Problems with Zeos 6.6.3 and FB2

Forum related to Firebird

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Problems with Zeos 6.6.3 and FB2

Post by cmatrix »

I am having two problems working with Firebird2 and Zeos 6.6.3.

1) I cannot use the database name as I can with other databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgresQL, Oracle). Instead I must use the full path to the database file. Why is this?

2) When I connect every database query results in the error "Cannot retrieve resultset data". Why is this?

Thanks for any information.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

I think I can answer the first question. Did you define an alias on the server side? I usually don't work with FB, but when I needed to connect to a FB server some years ago using Zeoslib I defined a database alias on the server side. So the server knows how to find the file you want to access using a simple database name.

For the second question I need more info. How are you opening the query? What sql statement are you using? ...

Mark
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

Thanks the alias did the trick.

As for the queries they are simple SELECTs. The first query appears to except on merely trying to close the query before assigning text. I think the debugger is off by one line though. The second query excepts when simply trying to assign text to it.

//q1
with DM.qry1 do
try
Close;
SQL.Text:= 'SELECT ini,LastUpdate FROM Config WHERE DivisionID ='
+QuotedStr(sDivisionID);
Open;

//q2
with DM.qry1 do begin
Close;
SQL.Text:= 'SELECT LoginID'+
' from Users'+
' Where (LoginID = '+QuotedStr(sLoginId)+')';
Open;
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Concerning the last error : could you send me a simple example using an embedded FB server? There's so much unknown information involved I can't even guess where the problem is.
(BTW : include everything needed to compile and run the project : sources, db file, FB dll's and necessary FB files). Send it to zeoslib at gmail point com.

Mark