Delphi 2007 - no components

In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 2007 - no components

Post by Chaosworld »

I'm trying to into ZEOS into Delphi 2007. I opened ZeosDbo.groupproj and started to install. The compiling works perfect till ZComponentDesign110.bpl

But when I try to compile ZComponentDesign110.bpl I get the following error:
"ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg, ZComponent entfernen.
Es wurde(n) die Unit(s) ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg, ZComponent im benötigten Package gefunden."

in English something like:
"ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg, ZComponent removed.
The Unit(s) ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg, ZComponent were found in the package ."
What ever the package should be??
After pressing OK it compile the package perfect and also install the package without mistakes. But after the installation the package is without components.

I don't know what to do anymore. Hope someone have an idea.

Thanks

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Usually this means you have an old zeoslib installation available in your path. Or an installed zeoslib version in an older IDE. The error means Delphi already knows these components and asks to remove them from the design package. By saying OK you did remove them and atually installed nothing at all.

The solution should be to uninstall everything (uninstall and remove all Z*.* stuff from the machine) and start over with a freshly unzipped zeoslib package.

Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

Your advice is like always perfect. I used Delphi 5 and Delphi 2007 on the same machine. I erased ZEOS in Delphi 5 and Delphi 2007. Than I installed it into 2007 first and after in Delphi 5. I only have to change the "Path"-variable in Windows and both are now running perfect together.

Thanks for your help

Chaosworld