Error installing zeoz in lazarus (linux)

In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

brakaman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Error installing zeoz in lazarus (linux)

Post by brakaman »

Lazarus . Ubuntu Linux

I have error when install zcomponent.lpk

shows this message ... /usr/lib/lazarus/components/Zeos/src/plain/ZPlainLoader.pas(97,22) Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by ZPlainLoader

The library libc6 is installed in my system.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Christian
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Christian »

unit libc exists only for 32 bit systems i think you are on an 64 bit mashine and try to compile an 64 bit version

if not try an actual fpc version (2.2.2)
brakaman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by brakaman »

Christian wrote:unit libc exists only for 32 bit systems i think you are on an 64 bit mashine and try to compile an 64 bit version
Hi Christian, thanks for your interest.

But, i have a 32 bits machine. :(

Anyone has been installed the new stable version in lazarus?

Thanks in advance.
tsr
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tsr »

Make sure you have installed libc6-dev before compilation.
dragondz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by dragondz »

same problem here (ubuntu8 32bits with libc6 and all related libc6 installed), the only solution i found is to comment all "use libc" found in packages!

Cheers
ocascante
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Same bug or problem...

Post by ocascante »

I have Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 in differents computers.
The two are 32 bits machines.
Lazarus version is 0.9.9.26
Zeoslib was download from firmos.at version 6.6.4
Libc6 32 version completely installled.
When i try to install in lazarus, the same bug shows this error: /home/user/zeosdbo/src/plain/ZPlainLoader.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by ZPlainLoader

Could somebody knows how to fix it???
ocascante
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Solved...

Post by ocascante »

Ok... it was solved!
1- Download and install all the fpc packages. ( When you use synaptic to install fpc, it seems to be incomplete. ( Two packages: fpc.crosswind32 and fpc.units* are not installed by synaptic )
2- Change the write permissions of "/usr/lib/lazarus". The zeos installation needs to create some files.

Thanks..
stanks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stanks »

i tried to install fpc source but failed, so i still have problems with installing zeoslib too. as previous posts shows problems with libc
stanks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stanks »

After a lot of playing problem is solved. If this can help someone here it is: if you installed (ubuntu) fpc and lazarus from synaptic, remove everything. d/l fpc-2.2.2-3-debs.tgz and lazarus-0.9.26-0-debs.tar from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=631656 untar everything and install it. d/l latest version of zeoslib and unpack it. everything else is like in tutorial. package -> open package file (*.lpk), navigate to the dir where you unpacked zeoslib, etc.
if you receive error about some gtk2 functions, in tools -> configure build lazarus lcl interface target and ide set to gtk, not gtk2. This is the only way for me. And don't forget to change permission for /usr/lib/lazarus.

bye
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

d/l latest version of zeoslib and unpack it
Which version do you mean? I tried to remove libc from zeoslib when fpc is used. This isn't available in the 6.6 releases yet. Only in SVN (branches/6.6-patches) and the trunk/testing snapshots. These snapshots aren't stable yet, but of course, I'd like loads of people to test and fix them.

Mark
stanks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stanks »

v6.6.4-stable announced on main page where you write a note for lazarus users too. but i have another problem. i follow tutorial from http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/inde ... s_tutorial and when i want to set connected to true i get message 'None of the dynamic libraries can be found: libcIntsh.so oracle or oracle9i driver same error. but installation was ok.
zeljko
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by zeljko »

It's wrong - lazarus version shouldn't use libc but baseunix (I've tested it on linux & macosx). Libc is completely unneeded here, so developers should remove it in case of LCL.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

zeljko,
Please, send a patch when necessary. Don't forget about the Kylix support that might still be working at the moment. Did you have a look at the change I refered to? Here's a link to the SVN repository viewer for this specific changeset: http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/changelog/zeos?cs=572

Mark
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

stanks,
This problem also occurs when the dll itself is available but not all of the dll's needed to load it. I have no clue what dll's are needd exactly for oracle. It might help to add the directory containing the oracle driver dll's to your system path. Also having different oracle HOME's on the same machine might be tricky.

Mark
stanks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stanks »

I think (in fact i am sure) that it is my mistake. zeoslib for linux supports only oracle to version 9i. driver oracle is for versions below that 9i. And i have v10g on my linux machine. I am d/l v9i so i will try with that version.
On windows, where is v9, everything works ok.

Thanks