Date/Time field problems in Lazarus

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

kfitzner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Date/Time field problems in Lazarus

Post by kfitzner »

In Lazarus 0.9.10 with a recent checkout of zeosdbo_rework, there seems to be a problem converting database date/datetime/timestamp/etc columns to TDateTime. The dates come out very strange indeed. To duplicate the problem:
  1. Grab the latest CVS of zeosdbo_rework and install into Lazarus (see the tutorial on the Lazarus wiki)
  2. Drop a TZConnection component on a form, fill in its Host, Port (3306), User, Password, Database, and Protocol properties to connect to an existing database. Then set Connected to true.
  3. Drop a TZTable component on the form and set its Connection property to the TZConnection component you just made. Select a table in the TableName property editor that has a DATETIME (MySQL) or Time/Date/Timestamp (PostgreSQL) type column in it. Then set Active to true.
  4. Drop a TDatasource component on the form and set its DataSet property to be the TZTable you just placed.
  5. Drop a TdbGrid component on the form and set its DataSource property to be the TDatasource you just dropped.
  6. Look at all the funny dates in the DATETIME column. Don't point, though, or they might feel bad.
I have tested this against MySQL 4.1.11 and PostgreSQL 8.0.3 databases. I am guessing that it's a problem right across the board, but can't say that for sure.
IgD
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by IgD »

I think this is a dupe of my bug:

http://seegernet.koolhost.de/zeosforum/ ... .php?t=145

Where are the maintainers of this project???
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi guys!

Sorry for bumpin' again and again and again ... but ... seriously: Our team member who cares about the Lazarus port is not reachable since two months :(. Even if he lives here in germany I could not reach him. Sorry, but we are trying to find a quick solution ...

Regards.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
IgD
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by IgD »

Try installing ZeosLib into Lazarus. There are typos in the source it won't even compile without editing.
kfitzner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kfitzner »

I would be happy to step up to the plate to help out getting ZeosLib working properly with Lazarus. Another project I have done a little work on (JediVCS) is interested in using Lazarus + ZeosLib, so I have a great incentive to help. :)

I just need to know who to submit patches to and/or whether or not it's possible to get CVS commit access.
IgD
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by IgD »

Michael, why don't you turn the Lazarus port over to me and kfitzner? We will do our best to make it work.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi IgD, kfitzner,

this is an issue, I was truely thinking of. Have to discuss it with Frank. All further things about that will follow via PM ;-).

Regards!
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]