In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Bookmark was not found when using TZTable as detail

Post by Prometeus »

Hello,

I realized the problem described on title still occurs with 'TZQuery' as master and 'TZTable' as detail, even on last SVN (6.6.3-stable included). When setting them this way I get 'bookmark was not found' error when trying using the 'Post' method of TZTable, both when inserting or editing or when using the TZTable.Cancel method. Why? This works ok with BDE. I am not using bookmark anyway in these routines.

The master-detail relationship in Zeos differs from the one of BDE?

Thanks for any help.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Please file a bug report in the bug tracker. There's another TBookmark problem logged but that one looks different.
Please do provide an easy test project, including everything needed. I'll test it on mysql, so no postgres of FB database files, but a sql script to fill create and fill necessary data.

The Zeos implementation is based on the TDataset class (the BDE implementation as well, probably). But this implementation uses procs/funcs that have been overridden in Zeos. (This is also valid for the BDE version, I suppose)

If the patch is easy enough to backport from the development version to the stable version (6.6-patches branch) and it's not breaking other behaviour, this will be done.

Side note : It seems you are using our SVN repository. Maybe you better don't use trunk for now. It's the 7.0.0-development version now. It's not really stable anymore. (not much changed yet, but you never know what happens when we introduce new features) To keep up-to-date wit 6.6.x-stable, use the 6.6-patches branch. That's the 6.6.3-stable version and the fixed bugs.

Mark
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Prometeus »

Hello Mark,

I'll try send to bug tracker a sample project as soon as possible.

Thanks!