In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

Frega
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

MySQL and Zeos Query

Post by Frega »

hello =D
im a zeos user for a long time but, now im having one little problem...

im zeos @ postgres user, now i change to MySQL... but, im stuck

everytime when i try to add fields in query my delphi closes :blink:

its impossible to add fields, and, im using zeos 6.6.3-stable (127 warnings at install o.O)

sorry for the bad english ;D
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Well,

It shouldn't close anyhow... But personally I only use mysql, so the problem will probably be something specific to your installation. Best chances are there's some bad libmysql.dll file somewhere around.

Let 's start there. What version of mysql (server and client dll) are you trying to use? Normally most mysql5 versions work (since about 5.0.18, I think)
Can you please do a scan on your system for libmysql*.dll?
- If there's a version of this file in a delphi-specific path, this may be the first source of trouble.
- If there's a version in windows/system32 that may be the second source of confusion.
- If other occurrences exist (eg. in the server directory), check if they are not in a PATH directory

How is the dll looked for...
Design time:
- It's delphi that's loading the dll (via the installed zeos bpl's)
- If I'm not wrong : first dll is looked for in the same dir as the delphi exe, then the PATH is searched (usually windows/system32 version of the dll is found)
Runtime/debug time:
- It's your exe loading the dll
- First dll used is the one in same dir as your compiled exe. After that the PATH is searched again.

Mark
Frega
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Frega »

thanks mark... =)

im using MySQL 5.1.26

i have this files in my windows\system32
libmysql.dll
libmysql50.dll
libmysqld41.dll
libmysqld50.dll
libmysqld40.dll
libmysqld41.dll
libmysqld320.dll
libmysqld323.dll

(ps: this dll i get in ZEOSDBO-6.6.1-beta/lib folder)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

OK Frega.

Sure there are absolutely no other libmysql.dll's? (eg. by installation of Delphi)

What protocol are you using? Try the mysql5 protocol. So you're sure it's the libmysql50 version is tried first. Eventually you could rename libmysql.dll to make sure it's not used. (Or replace it by the version of your 5.1.26 distribution, that should work too)

Maybe most important question : does a runtime connection work. (setting connected to true on form create). Put the libmysql50.dll in the same directory as the exe file. Do you want a minimal test project to try? Just send me a pm.

You could run a program like ProcesMonitor to see which dll is actually loaded when delphi is running (and crashing).

Mark
Frega
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Frega »

man, i think i the problem its my delphi...

used all time 6.6.2-rc rock solid, after this i update to 6.6.3-stable, now im having this problem with MySQL and PostgreSQL too...

i will try to reinstall the delphi...

(uninstall stable versrion and install RC doesn't work too)