Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Gujet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 2005 Personal

Post by Gujet »

Hi,

I don't know where to type...

Can I install Zeos in Delphi 2005 Personal?

Greetz.
markusv
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by markusv »

As far as I know D2005 does not support DB connectivity. So as long as the Zeos components are native and do not require any Borland DB packages you should be able to install them.
Gujet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gujet »

But I am not :cry:
When I try to install them I receive information that I don't have some unit in D2005...
Enyone tried to install Zeos in D2005?
pol
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pol »

It works with D2005, but with no personal edition. Many classes inherit from TDataSet in DB.pas, which is, as far as I know, not included in personal editions.
Gujet
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gujet »

So I gotta find other components... Ehhh :roll:
pol
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pol »

Will be hard. Quite all depend on TDataSet. Well, maybe you can use the underlying Zeos Classes beginning with ZDbcConnection, but not the visual components. I think somewhere on this site is documentation about Zeos' Architecture. Or was it AnyDAC (http://www.da-soft.com)? Also free, but with the same TDataSet problem. Have a look!
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi there!

It is possible to run ZeosDBOs on a Delphi (whatever) "personal" edition. But you don't have the comfort of the components you are limited to ZDBC-functionality level which is like JDBC 8). O.K.: You will have a little bit more to code to display your result sets and edit the data within them but if you once discovered how it's done it is not that problematic anymore. I promise!

Please have a look at our article in the knowledge base:
Btw: you only have to "use" the libraries you need. There is no installation needed for ZDBC. Only the components have to be installed!

Regards!
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]