Unknown Param.DataType exception

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
papelhigienico
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Unknown Param.DataType exception

Post by papelhigienico »

Hi!

I'm using ZStoredProc component with a LargeInt parameter on Lazarus Linux. When my program execute ZStoredProc.ExecProc, a exception "Unknown Param.DataType", raised near of line 302 of file ZStoredProcedure.pas

So I started check my Lazarus/Freepascal sources and configurations and everything is OK, except that ZeosLazarus.inc don't have a

{$DEFINE WITH_PARAM_ASLARGEINT}

To enable this. I changed here and everything worked fine.

I can't determine which FPC version implements TParam.AsLargeInt, but in FPC revision 4009 is implemented.

So, is possible to fix this?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Unknown Param.DataType exception

Post by marsupilami »

Hello papelhigienico,

I am sure, we can find out and implement it. Could you please let us know which Version of FPC you use? Do you use something from their SVN, maybe trunk? Or do you use a downloaded version?
With best regards,

Jan Baumgarten
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Post by miab3 »

@papelhigienico,

WITH_PARAM_ASLARGEINT is used for Delphi 2009 and above.
Perhaps it should also be for fpc / lazarus but you need to specify which version you are using(fpc/Lazarus, ZEOS, database, OS?).

Michal
papelhigienico
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by papelhigienico »

Hi!

My configuration

FPC: 3.1.1 built from sources of 2016-04-20;
Lazarus: 1.7 revision 52208
Zeoslib 7.2.1-rc get from http://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/trunk/src (outdated?)
Database: PostgreSQL 9.3

I checked the sources of Zeoslib 7.3 and on this, the define WITH_PARAM_ASLARGEINT was missing too.

I searched on FPC releases, and TParam.AsLargeInt first appears on FPC 2.0.4. So a conditional direct {$IF FPC_FULLVERSION>=20004}{$DEFINE WITH_PARAM_ASLARGEINT}{$IF_END} should be used to solve this, unless that FPC 2.0.x is not supported.

The best regards,

Fabio
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Fabio,

I included the define in the ZeosLazarus.inc so it now should be part of any Zeos 7.2 build. Since Zeos 7.2 has a define in place that says it doesn't support FPC versions below 2.2.4, I didn't bother with any more conditionals there ;)
You can heckout the current Zeos 7.2 from http://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0 ... esting-7.2. Currently most development happens there and later on gets merged into Zeos 7.3 and trunk because we concentrate on bugfixes currently.

With best regards,

Jan
papelhigienico
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by papelhigienico »

I'll download and test. Thanks!
papelhigienico
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder