A message to the developers

Discusions not-related to our Components

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

RaX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

A message to the developers

Post by RaX »

Being a leader of an open source project myself, I realize that developers are not thanked enough for donating their time and effort to projects like these.

Thank You.

I'm a leader of a software development project called Helios, it's written in Object Pascal, is a server application, and is also Delphi/Lazarus/Kylix compatible. We're moving to Zeos because it's so darn cool =) Currently, we've got a database abstraction that controls wrappers to sqlite and mysql, but according to what I've read, Zeos fits our needs much better, and gives us access to much higher performance database environments than before.

Thank you so much for your efforts, and know that we are truly thankful for people like yourselves who devote their time and knowledge to better the software development community.

...And making Object pascal more popular is always a plus =)

Link to Project Helios :: http://helios-emu.org
Last edited by RaX on 02.02.2008, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Gratefully accepted!!

Why didn't you add a link to your own project? As it seems to be open sourced some publicity never hurts. And when you're using/going to use Zeoslib that's an argument as well.

Mark
RaX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by RaX »

Well fine then! =) I wasn't sure if that was acceptable =P
RaX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by RaX »

I apologize for the double post, but we've just gotten zeoslib in and it works like a charm =) I'm still working on getting sqlite and mysql working with just a configuration change but other than that everything seems to work very well and even gave us new features, like seamless reconnection if a database goes away, new supported database types, etc.

Thanks again.
cipto_kh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by cipto_kh »

Yeah, of course gratefully accepted :)
More people to join is more better :)