Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

piper62
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

TDBMemo, ZEOSLib, MySQL Post Problem

Post by piper62 »

Hi,

I don't know if this is a FreePascal/Lazarus or a ZEOSLib problem...

I have a strange behaviour of my code.
My environment is: Kubuntu 7.10, FPC 2.2/Lazarus 0.9.24 and ZEOSLIB 6.6.2 beta Trunk_310, MySQL 5.0 .
A ZQuery has a connection to a table where DBEdit1 is connected to a VARCHAR(250) field and DBMemo1 is connected to a TEXT field.
In the code I do this:
ZQuery1.Append;
DBEdit1.Text:=v_fo_name; //variable holds some text.
DBMemo1.Lines.LoadFromFile(filename); //filename points to a ascii file.

The file gets loaded into the DBMemo and it's displayed correctly also the text from the variable v_fo_name is correct in the DBEdit.
If I now perform ZQuery1.Post; the data of the DBEdit is written correctly into the database table but not the content of the DBMemo.

Only if I click to the DBMemo AND change something in the text the data is stored into the database by ZQuery.Post.
Only to click into the DBMemo or SetFocus in not enough. I have to change the text.
Is this a bug? Or do I something wrong?

Regards,
Tibor
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi piper,
Can you post a sample project (= project with only this fields + db creation script + eventual extra required files) that reproduces this error in the bug tracker. As it's mysql I can and will check it for sure. I can't guarantee a solution within a short time, but I'll do the best I can.
I'll try first in Delphi, but if it works there I'll also try lazarus (and eventually MSEide).

Mark
piper62
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by piper62 »

Hi Mark,

did so. Bugreport #92.

It's not severe in my case, it's only an administration program which imports user customizable forms (.LFM files from the Lazarus Formdesigner) and puts the structure into the db.
That's used by administrators and they can handle it.

Regards,
Tibor
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Works perfect on lazarus+windows. Doesn't work in Lazarus + Ubuntu.

Made the same 'project' using SQLConnection component (See second attachment in the bug report). This has the same different behaviour on Windows/Ubuntu.
As this proves (to me) this is a Lazarus problem in the communication between Dataset and DBMemo on Linux, I'll close this ticket as 'not a bug' (in zeoslib). I think you'll have to find a workaround while waiting for a Lazarus solution. (Don't forget to send them a bug report)