Zeos 6.5.1 with Delphi 5 professional

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Zeos 6.5.1 with Delphi 5 professional

Post by Chaosworld »

does there exist any way to install Zeos 6.5.1 in delphi 5 prof.? The last version "only" had the problem, that delphi 5 prof. does not have ado. So i had to comment the lines out.
But now i tried to install 6.5.1 cos i need some function that are in MYSQL 4.1 but not in MYSQL 4.0. And only Zeos 6.5.1 support MYSQL 4.1.
But when i tried to install Zeos 6.5.1 i got much more problems than with the 6.1.5. . First i put ADO out. For the missing DateUtils.pas i found the solution here in the forum. I used the offered file. But than types.dcu and variants.dcu where missing. And it continued like this.
So did anybody installed Zeos on delphi 5 Professional? It would be wounderfull it get to know how to do it? Or maybe someone have changed files to install it.

Thanks for every answer
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I installed the last version released by the old team and that one was working without problems. (no blame to the new team however, they're doing a great job continuing the project)
Until now i did not find blocking bugs for the simple applications I've written. I'm also waiting for a newer version that Delphi 5 compatible again. I suppose the bugfixing has been done on newer versions of Delphi. So I hope there's somebody in the new team who can install Delphi 5 and can add the modifications that are necessary. Unfortunately I can't do it myself as I'm not experienced enough to do that kind of version dependend coding.

Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

Which version of Delphi 5 do you have? Do you have ADO in delphi 5 Professional???? I extra looked on my cd and i don't have it. And do you have DateUtils.pas, types.dcu and Variants.dcu in your Delphi 5??

If you really have delphi 5 professional and not enterprise-Edition, could you tell me how you really did it?

PS.: I don't want to blame the new team, i have a lot respect of their job. I just expect that maybe they don't have delphi 5 (it is a relative old Delphi-Version). So i asked here in the hope that someone who have more experience knows the way to manipulate the Package this way that i can install it on delphi 5 professional.

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

I think I have the enterprise edition, so the ADO part is not a problem for me.
The DateUtils and other units were not used in that old version. (14/11/2004)

If you can fix the ADO part I propose you give the 2004 version a try (see sourceforge). As I said for simple applications it can be sufficient. There's one catch : some properties will be different once there is a newer version suitable for D5.

If Delphi was free I would already have upgraded... Lazarus installation works perfect (enough for me) but the conversion of my app is somewhat difficult as L does not have all components I used.

So we'll have to wait and hope the D5 compatibility will still be implemented in the next stable version.

Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

Well like i said in the first text i am using the Version 6.1.5. There it was relative easy. I just had to erease the parts with ADO and it was possible to install it. Only in 6.5.1(!!!!) it was not so easy anymore.
What i now don'T understand, did you install the old 6.1.5 or the new 6.5.1alpha on your delphi 5?
Even if you have Delphi 5 Enterprise, you will have no problems with the ADO-Componente, but types.dcu and variants.dcu shall still miss, didn't they?
Or did you found a way to fix this part of the Zeos 6.5.1alpha?

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

New 6.5.1 Alpha of 14/11/2004.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zeos ... p?download

This version did not use these units, I think. Can you check? (At the moment I've no source on my PC)

Tschüs,
Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

wow
you are right
it really works :-D

THANKS

I just had to erease the ADO-Componets like always and all works :-D

Chaosworld