Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Gina_M
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 2006, zeos 6.6.1 beta, mysql 5 -need basics

Post by Gina_M »

Hey All,

I have used Zeos in the past but it has been many many years.

I aquired a project that someone else was writing and am confused about what is going on.

Here are the settings for the tzconnection:

Readonly = false;
Autocommit = true;
transactisolationlevel = tinone;

TZQuery:
CachedUpdates = false;
requestlive = false;
showrecordtypes = [usunmodifed, usmodified, usinserted]
updatemode=umupdatechanged
wheremode=wmwherekeyonly
options = [docalcdefaults]

When I try to add a new record I get an error message that says the query is read-only.

I got it "working" by setting requestlive = true but I am not sure that is the best way.

I am just not sure what games the previous programmer is playing. He swears that the code that I have matches the exe that he provided but using his VirtualMachine, I can not add a record. I get the read-only error.

p.s. if anyone is listenning to enhancement requests. The zeos components should store the component version in the dfm ;)

Please help!!!

~Gina_M~
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

This is the right solution but you use an old zeoslib version. Have a look at the portal announcements to find out where you get a new one... Now the option requestlive is renamed to 'ReadOnly' (and works inverted)

How to put the component version in the dfm? It's a property in the object inspector now. At least on the connection component.

Mark
Gina_M
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gina_M »

Thanks Mark,

I have no problem eventually moving to the next version. Was hoping to get the current version working since my employer wants immediate results not a rearchitecture. I don't know what new issues changing versions will bring.

But... If that is the best way then I will have to do it.

~Gina_M~
Gina_M
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gina_M »

Are the properties mentioned above correct? transactisolationlevel = tinone?

Any hints about cached updates? One problem we have is that we lose the connection to the database every once in a while and thus possibly any data that we currently are editing. Can cached updates help with this?

Last programmer used bookmarks. Is that best with mysql or using the primary key doing a locate (or whatever zeos supports)?

~Gina_M~
Gina_M
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gina_M »

Hey Mark,

What/Where is the new version. All I see is the announcement for 6.6.1 beta.

Is there a donation button somewhere? I would really like to support zeos to make sure it continues.

~Gian_m~