Frequently CVS-Builds for downloading - voting closed -

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Would you appreciate having CVS-Builds to avoid CVS-Downloads?

Poll ended at 31.08.2005, 19:25

Yes
60%
No
13%
I don't mind
27%

Total votes: 15

Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Frequently CVS-Builds for downloading - voting closed -

Post by Michael »

Dear users / members,

at this place we want to start a voting to find out if our users would appreciate frequently CVS-Builds for downloading so that they no longer have to download the whole CVS-Version.

Best regards from the development team.
Last edited by Michael on 14.09.2005, 05:41, edited 2 times in total.
Lightning
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Lightning »

From my personal experience with cvs, cvs seems verry ugly to the new users but it's actually verry easy to use and has various features (like svn), CVS also reduces load on the servers by downloading only the necessary files, it does take longer when using checkout but people can stay up-to-date with the verry latest features and bugfixes, anybody can use a GUI CVS client like Tortoise or WinCvs/gCvs, but after understanding the process it much nicer to use the console because it's faster and one has to type just a simple line in the console and he may also save that line in a bat/sh file to do it at a click of a button.

Here's the theory for beginers:

When you first get the cvs it is wise to create a directory on your drive and name it cvsdir, here you will store all your cvs based projects.
After installing you cvs client set up your path from the Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environment Variables/Path like this:
<path to my cvs.exe file><;><the path that existed before setting>
Now open a console/dosprompt and go to your cvsdir.
Type cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zeoslib checkout zeosdbo_rework
Your download starts and everything should be ok, after that you should see a zeosdbo_rework dir.
This is only required once, for everyday usage just use the console to go to the cvsdir\zeosdbo_rework\ and type cvs -z3 update -P and you will only download the updated files and this will also create missing dirs.
It is wise that you do not install the components from your cvsdir but make a local copy if you modify the files.
I think i will make a bat file for beginer users that does exactly what i told you.
swierzbicki
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by swierzbicki »

Doing Daily Zip files (like the one available for JVCL / Indy) will be nice
nele
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nele »

I agree...
Some of us not familiar with CVS clients :(

Best regards,
nele
Michael

Post by Michael »

Dear Users,

the Vote is closed. Thanks to all those who took part.

Builds from current CVS will be delivered for download, shortly... 60% of the participants voted for this service.

Your ZeosLib Development Team.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]