Remote Desktop Connection - Slow Startup Times

This is the international (english) support forum for the SQLite Administrator developed and maintained by Orbmu2k.

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, Orbmu2k

Secret Squirrel
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Remote Desktop Connection - Slow Startup Times

Post by Secret Squirrel »

Hi Guys,

I have been running the Public Beta Version (0.8.3.0) for some time now and must congratulate Orbmu2k for a great job well done.

My only gripe is with the application startup time over a Remote Desktop Connection which is painfully slow.

Tests here show that on a local machine startup takes approx 3 seconds from double clicking the icon to the application being fully loaded. But over a broadband Remote Desktop Connection this startup time is approx 180 seconds during which the rest of the desktop is un-responsive.

Once the application has loaded it's response times are on par when running things locally.

Now I appreciate there will be some latency due to the broadband RDC connection but not 3 minutes worth.

I believe the root cause of the startup problems is the constant redrawing of the splash screen graphic.

Therefore my I request an option, in a future version, which disables the splash screen on startup.

Many thanks

Alan
Secret Squirrel
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Secret Squirrel »

Hi Guys,

I have just spotted a new beta version (0.8.3.1) has been released which includes a 'No Splash Screen' enhancement.

A quick test here, with the Splash Screen turned off, and the load times over RDC are now back on par with a local workstation startup.

Thanks for adding the option.

Regards
Alan