Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

TmX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Failed to build using FPC 2.1.4 & Lazarus 0.9.22

Post by TmX »

Hello
I tried to build ZeosDBO 6.6.1 beta using FPC v2.1.4 and Lazarus v0.9.22 (Win XP), and unfortunately it fails.

I open the zcomponent.lpk, choose Install, and here are the error messages :
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1460,23) Error: No member is provided to access property
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(3006,89) Fatal: Syntax error, "," expected but ")" found

That strange, since I don't modify the source code even a bit.

In case you are wondering, these are all messages I get :
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZSqlStrings.pas(79,5) Warning: Constructor should be public
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(73,22) Hint: Type "TUpdateStatusSet" redefinition
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(75,18) Hint: Type "EUpdateError" redefinition
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(815,25) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(878,21) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(927,16) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(934,25) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(937,39) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(994,55) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1087,14) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1093,59) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1123,18) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1171,33) Hint: Local variable "RowBuffer" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1184,62) Hint: Function result variable does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(278,7) Hint: Value parameter "NativeFormat" is assigned but never used
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1269,33) Hint: Local variable "RowBuffer" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1305,77) Hint: Local variable "WasNull" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1354,32) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1449,15) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(1460,23) Error: No member is provided to access property
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2033,50) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2123,16) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2131,20) Hint: Local variable "OnlyDataFields" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2333,16) Hint: Local variable "OnlyDataFields" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2358,18) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2397,16) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2460,16) Hint: Local variable "OnlyDataFields" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2465,14) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2495,14) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2552,36) Hint: Local variable "RowBuffer" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2561,7) Hint: Local variable "WasNull" does not seem to be initialized
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2601,16) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2647,39) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2662,13) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2662,30) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2679,12) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2684,57) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2688,12) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2693,57) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2712,35) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(2712,51) Hint: Conversion between ordinals and pointers is not portable
C:\FPC\2.1.4\lazarus\components\zeosdbo\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(3006,89) Fatal: Syntax error, "," expected but ")" found
Any suggestion/hint ? :?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Try using the latest snapshot at http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/snapshots/

'Testing' versions should be OK. I'm not sure if this problem is completely fixed in Trunk. Reason for this 'bug' is a change in FPC. See http://zeosbugs.firmos.at/view.php?id=0000037 for the original bug report.
kakarotv5
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kakarotv5 »

I have had the same error.

I have downloaded the ZEOSLIB_TRUNK_REV310.zip file and the package compiled correctly.
piper62
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by piper62 »

Hi,
I got at first the same problem. I'm trying to set up our development environment with FPC 2.2.0.1 and Lazarus 0.9.24.

I downloaded the ZEOSLIB_TRUNK_REV310.ZIP file and tried to install it.
Then Installation give this error message:
/home/ufs/lazarus/components/zeosdbo_trunk_rev310/packages/lazarus/zcomponent.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit ZPropertyEditor used by ZComponentReg

Do I have to change something in the include paths? because the file of ZPropertyEditor is there.

Regards,
Tibor
piper62
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by piper62 »

Hi,
got one step further with the option "Recompile clean" but then I get the next problem which I posted in a separate thread: http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=1540