Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

marcocot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Cached updates and Refresh

Post by marcocot »

Hello to anyone,
I have a complex select with a join. But I can't get joined fields when I am using cached updates. Without using cached updates I can solve refreshing
the dataset, but refreshing with cached updates makes losting . the records. Should I use lookup fields instead of joins? Or there's another way?

Thanks for any advice

Regards
Marco
marcocot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Cached updates and Refresh

Post by marcocot »

marcocot wrote:Hello to anyone,
I have a complex select with a join. But I can't get joined fields when I am using cached updates. Without using cached updates I can solve refreshing
the dataset, but refreshing with cached updates makes losting . the records. Should I use lookup fields instead of joins? Or there's another way?

Thanks for any advice

Regards
Marco
I realised my post was not so clear. I have a query which contains a join. When I insert/append a record to make the joined fields appear I need to refresh the query. if I do not refresh the dataset the joined fields are blank. Now I am using cached updates and have the same problem, but I can't call refresh becouse I loose all the record. I this a bug or there's a different way to refresh a ds with cached updates ?

thanks

Marco
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Marco,

I suppose you're also using a TZUpdate component to do the updates/inserts on your dataset?

HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL!!

In that case you should check the testing branch snapshot version of zeoslib. (See portal announcements for location)
Firmos has added refreshcurrentrow support to datasets. You will have to fill out a RefreshSql property on the TZUpdate component. Then you can use 'Query1.RefreshCurrentRow'. I didn't try this myself yet, however. So maybe you'll have to search a little for the way to use it.

Mark
DougNettleton
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by DougNettleton »

Hi Everyone:

I tried the snapshot version ZEOSLIB_TESTING_REV261 with Lazarus 0.9.22 for Windows, and I can say I'm delighted that there now appears to be some components to do serious multi-user database development work with Lazarus and Firebird.

Now, I'm going to try it out with a recent lazarus snapshot.

Thanks to the Zeos Dev Team.

Doug Nettleton