Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

merlinm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

C++ BDS 2006...working!

Post by merlinm »

Hello,

Just letting everyone know that I was able to get ZeosDBO compiled and installed in C++ Builder 2006 aka BDS 2006 aka Delphi 2006. It was kind of a bear...even after the patch the C++ personality appears to have a lot of bugs in it, although it is the best C++ release (IMO) since BCB 5.

Anyone else gets stuck you can drop a line here but I made some quick observations:
1. I loaded the BCB 6 project for the C++ personality and the Delphi 9 for the Delphi personality.
2. you must afaik compile and install Zeos library from C++ personality if you want to use it in C++ projects. This is very annoying of course becuase it is generally much easier to compile Delphi packages with the delphi personality. Does anyone know a way around this?
3. C++ personality is very funny about emitting files for some reason, especially the .dcu, .obj, .hpp and .bpi files. It always works from the command line if you invoke the right options but from the IDE it appears somewhat random. This is a huge pain....to get the .dcu files I had to build the Delphi personality version first and move all the .dcu files to the c++ projects. Compiling delphi units from the command line is very easy so I recommend doing it that way. Delphi compiler is dcc32.exe
4. TLoginEvent or something like it so I had to comment everything out using that.
5. Problem in BCB 6 project...one of the unit references was wrong (PostgreSQL80 instead of PostgreSQL8x) or vice versa, i forget. I hacked around it and moved on.
6. Once installed, cursory check verified everything is working ok.

btw, Delphi 06 seems first decent Delphi release in a long time. The IDE still has a few bugs though, I hope they work them out. They really worked on the performance...and best of all the C++ intelliesense is usable for the first time ever (yay!).

dot net shmot net.

Merlin
terciof
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Almost Working....

Post by terciof »

Hi everybody!

I successfully compile and install Zeos Lib 6.5.1, In Delphi 2006 and C++ 2006 but....

In the C++ Builder 2006 the icons doesn't show in the tool palette....

In Delphi 2006 it's OK, but in C++ Builder 2006 the icons doesn't show up!

I can use the controls if I create it in run-time mode... but in the Form Designer I can't!

Does anyone had the same problem??

Thanks!

Tercio
worldbyte
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by worldbyte »

terciof wrote:Hi everybody!

I successfully compile and install Zeos Lib 6.5.1, In Delphi 2006 and C++ 2006 but....

I can use the controls if I create it in run-time mode... but in the Form Designer I can't!

Thanks!

Tercio
I have the same problem.... any idea?

Thank U
ken
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ken »

[quote="worldbyte"][quote="terciof"]Hi everybody!

Thanks!

Tercio[/quote]I have the same problem.... any idea?

Thank U[/quote]

Hello,

Make sure that you set for each package the option "generate C++Builder files" on the "Linker" options of the project. That should do it.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

Can anybody provide the things that should be added to the packages directory of zeoslib to use zeos with c++Builder2006? I am willing to add it to SVN and the next package versions, but I never use C++.
Somebody wants this?

Mark
ken
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ken »

mdaems wrote:Hi,

Can anybody provide the things that should be added to the packages directory of zeoslib to use zeos with c++Builder2006? I am willing to add it to SVN and the next package versions, but I never use C++.
Somebody wants this?

Mark
Hi Mark,

Nothing has to be added; the sole modification needed, as I indicated in my last message, is setting that single linker option for each package in the bundle.

Ken
el burro
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by el burro »

ken wrote:
mdaems wrote:Hi,

Somebody wants this?

Mark
Hi Mark,

Nothing has to be added; the sole modification needed, as I indicated in my last message, is setting that single linker option for each package in the bundle.

Ken
sorry about this but I can't find that linker option ("generate C++Builder files") - any clues?

I'm brand new to BDS2006 and I'm trying to get a BCB6 app I've written working on it.

cheers
vr6racer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vr6racer »

hello everybody,

i've migrated to BDS 2006 (used BCB6), but i also have the same problem...
Isn't showing nothing in c++ personality...

i instaled Delphi 10 package in the delphi personality, activating the option to generate the c++ builder files...

several months have passed... anyone have already figured how to solve this anoying problem?

thanks in advance
ricardo
jjeffman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Borland Turbo C++ 2006 and Zeos DBO

Post by jjeffman »

Helo,

I would like to install a stable version on Borland Turbo C++ 2006, wich has not the Delphi identity, is there any way of doing that ? It claims for the dcu files ... Is it to hard to modify a Zeos version to work on Turbo C++ 2006 ? It compiles .pas files, but do not make dcu's ...

Thanks a lot.

Jayme.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Jayme,

Have a look here : http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=966

I've no idea it works for you, but it may give you a hint about how to do it. If you get it working in a way that's compatible with the already supported compilers, let us know how...

Mark
jjeffman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Instaling 6.6.x Beta on Borland's Turbo C++ 2006

Post by jjeffman »

We've succeeded on installing ZeosDbo 6.6.x Beta on Borland's Turbo C++ 2006.
Here goes what Mr. Lucas Lorensi has done:
1)Open the ZeosDbo.bpg file placed in the "ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\cbuilder6\" folder;
2)It'll prompt you a message telling it was upgraded to version 10.0 ;
3) Create a folder named "tc10" in the "ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\" folder;
4) Copy the "build" folder from
"ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\cbuilder6\" to the just created
"ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\tc10\" folder;
5) Using the Turbo C++ 2006 IDE save a copy of the ZeosDbo project group ("Save Project Group As...") in "ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\tc10\" ;
6) Save a copy of every project of the ZeosDbo project group in "ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\packages\tc10\"
7) Press "Save All" to refresh all projects within the project group;
8) Open the Project->Options configuration screen, select the "Path and Defines" option and edit the following for every project within the project group:
8.1) Edit the bcc32 and ilink32 path information changing every entry from"..\cbuilder6\build" to "..\tc10\build" and from "..\cbuilder6" to "..\tc10"
8.2) Add in "Paths and Defines" a entry for DCC32 equal to "..\tc10\build"
9) Comment out the line 101("{$DEFINE ENABLE_ASA}") of the
"ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta\src\Zeos.inc" file - it is not working
10) Choose "Build all projects";
12) Install the components right clicking on the ZComponent.bpk and choosing "Install" ;

I hope it works for all of you.
Jayme
wyatt
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by wyatt »

For me works fine :D . Thanks