Zeos Controls and Zeos DBO

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

pfaf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Zeos Controls and Zeos DBO

Post by pfaf »

I have used Zeos Controls (ZeosCtrls) with Zeos DBO version 5.x and I know they are compatible.

Has anybody used ZeosDBO version 6.x with Zeos Controls?

If yes, which versions?

Thank you,

Panos.
Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Stevie »

Sorry, the Zeos Controls are not compatible to Zeos DBO 6.x.
Lightning
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Lightning »

I have converted some of the controls long time ago i was mostly interested in the ZFindDialog but i also have ZParser, ZHexGrid and ZDataGrid, i will have a look at them and they will probably be uploaded somewhere for everybody to download, they do not work in Lazarus as i didn't even know it existed at the time :) but i don't think that will be hard to do.
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi Lightning ;),

if you find out that they will work good, please open a new thread in the 6.x User-Contribution-Forum and attach them as a zipped file. Just to keep them here :mrgreen: Maybe we can put them into the download-area.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

Why don't you develop the Controls anoymore?

Could you advise me a good and smart dbgrid from anywhere, what is compatible with ZDBO?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Yeah, guess why...
I think it's mainly the lack of developers. If you feel like starting a new components team, I don't think anybody would object, but for now we can't do it ourselves. Just give me a pm and we talk about it.

There are quite a lot of components available that work well with TDatasets. They should be compatible with ZeosDbo. I don't have a lot of experience with them. So let's see who else reacts.

Mark
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

mdaems wrote:Yeah, guess why...
I think it's mainly the lack of developers. If you feel like starting a new components team, I don't think anybody would object, but for now we can't do it ourselves. Just give me a pm and we talk about it.
Unfortunately i don't have enough skill to develop a good component, rather i would use it. :oops:
mdaems wrote: There are quite a lot of components available that work well with TDatasets. They should be compatible with ZeosDbo. I don't have a lot of experience with them. So let's see who else reacts.
OK, let's wait. I tried to find a good one, but the best i found fits up the SQL request with a SORT BY. And i think these repeated requests load the network traffic unnecessary.
gury
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by gury »

Hello everybody, it's my first post here.

I use TJvDBUltimaGrid and TJvDBGrid from JEDI JVCL library with no problem. The link is http://delphi-jedi.org/.

At this point I would say hello to everyone here. The ZEOS project is great, I use this library with Delphi 7 for connecting to MySQL for a long time. I am in preparations to migrate to Firebird 2. I check forum daily and it's really nice to have people here talking about everything concernig ZEOS.
Jay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Jay »

I agree with gury, TJvDBUltimGrid is an excelent component. Beside that, the JEDI VCL project has tons of excelent components.

Regards
Jay
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

I look them, thank you v.m.
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

Jay wrote:I agree with gury, TJvDBUltimGrid is an excelent component. Beside that, the JEDI VCL project has tons of excelent components.

Regards
Jay
Yes, it has TONS of components. :shock:

What is the difference between TJvDBUltimGrid and TJvDBGrid?
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

Sorry for the question, but i have to ask it.

Which is the better? Which is smarter? Your ZQuery or Jedi's JvQuery?
Jay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Jay »

Jedi's JvQuery is a descendent on delphi's TQuery which depends on the BDE, which means that BDE MUST be installed along with your application.

The main reason you would use Zeos or any other data access components is precisely not to depend on the BDE and have a "Native" access to the database that you are connecting to.

What Zeos data access components give you in comparison to other native data access components, is the ability to connect to different databases without having to use different components since most native data access components only connect to one specific database.

Regards
Jay
trob
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by trob »

Thank You!
So, i remain at ZQuery.