TCustomZxxx components ?

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
tintinux
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

TCustomZxxx components ?

Post by tintinux »

Hi

Ii would be useful to have TCustom components, ancestors of TZConnection, TZTable and TZQuery... with same properties and methods but protected instead of public, like others in the VCL/LCL.

This would allow us to inherit freely our components from them, hiding some properties that I don't want to be used in the developments I manage, avoiding some errors and time consuming explanations and issues. Simpler is better.

This is not a big work, and should not have any side effect, since the existing components will have the same properties and methods.
I can do it myself, but I have no svn access, and must be sure to have the last sources.

Is it possible for 7.2 ?

Regards
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: TCustomZxxx components ?

Post by marsupilami »

Hello tintinux,

the latest source is always available from the SVN repository at SourceForge. In my opinion it makes more sense to introduce these changes in the 7.3 series because the 7.2 series should become the stable version within some months. If you supply patches, I could see to it that they get checkd in to the SVN repo.

With best regards,

Jan
tintinux
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by tintinux »

OK, thanks.

I'll try to make the patch for 7.2, but It could certainly be used for 7.3 also
Should be able to send it within a week...

Regards
tintinux
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by tintinux »

Hi

I realized that the job has already been done in 7.2 !
The component named TZAbstractConnection can be used as an ancestor, and it was not possible in 7.1
I would have named it TCustomZConnection to remain in the standards, but that is not very important.

And it looks like 7.2 is working fine with my apps and current packages.

Best regards.