[bug_fixed] ZDataset Events in Lazarus

Code patches written by our users to solve certain "problems" that were not solved, yet.

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, mdaems

Edwin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

[bug_fixed] ZDataset Events in Lazarus

Post by Edwin »

Hello,

When I try to add an event (like AfterOpen or BeforeEdit) to a ZQuery in Lazarus 0.9.21, I get an error (identifier not found: TDataSetNotifyEvent).

This can be resolved by adding {$IFDEF FPC} DB {$ENDIF} to 'uses' in ZDataset.pas.
I found this solution in the Lazarus forum (thanks to Meg).

Could this be implemented in the next ZeosLib release?

Thanks,

Edwin
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hoi Edwin,

This does not impact Delphi compilation, so I just added and tried a rebuild in lazarus. Looks safe and as it makes you happy I just committed. (Testing branch REV. 227) Is it allright?

Mark

BTW, if you can get me a working (command line) test suite for Lazarus, please do so.
Another Lazarus question, how can I recompile and reinstall all packages at once? Is there an easy way to do that? makefile or something like that? I don't have a clue. I just 'open recent package' for every package, 'recompile' and install only component package.
nelson777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nelson777 »

hello ppl,

I had the same problem and tryed to download this revision, but I only found revisons 228 and 234 so I gone for the latest (234). Fixed my problem, but now when I have a TPanel in the same form and try to access field editor (in Lazarus by the way) it crashes the whole IDE. Is there a fix to this ? or it´s Lazarus fault ? I need TPanel :)
nelson777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nelson777 »

by the way, I got the 234 revision from here:

http://zeosdownload.firmos.at/downloads/snapshots/

Is there any other place to get it ?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

No other place to have snapshots, except for getting the source from svn yourself. (See tutorials section)

Mark
nelson777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nelson777 »

Yes, and about about the TPanel thing ?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

No idea about TPanel. AFAIK no problems in Delphi and the crashing IDE is Lazarus. I'm afraid you'll have to look that way. I didn't hear about other people having this problem however. Until now I had to 'solve' this kind of IDE trouble in Lazarus by reinstalling. That's mainly why I just use it to check if compilation of Zeos is not broken.
I hope some Lazarus expert can give you a decent answer...

Mark
nelson777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nelson777 »

Ok Mark,

Lazarus is a project that´s not very mature yet, so we should expect to see more of this sort of thing.
What I did was put a TShape instead of a TPanel and made my code hide and show the components I need one by one. Boring, but works for now.
Thnx for your answer anyway.

Nelson