Connecting to SQLite DB on webserver

Forum related to SQLite

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

FearlessMiss

Connecting to SQLite DB on webserver

Post by FearlessMiss »

I'm new tot SQLite and because my **** webprovider :x does not give me any permissions to access mySQL from outside the server, SQLite could be a good solution.

Only I've got a little problem, I'm trying to connect to my webserver, but nothing works (acces 0777, full URL in database field, webhost in Hostname) no results, only error's that the db could not be found or it made a local db.

Has someone a good solution for my problem or at least a hint ? :wink:

Using: ZeosLib 6.6.1 / Delphi 7 / SQLite 2.8
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hoi MeidjeDurfAl (FearlessMiss),

As far as I know to open a SQLite database the database file should be in your own filesystem. So you either have to get the file to your own computer (using ftp) or find a way to mount the remote file in your filesystem. No idea if that last thing is possible using a connection your webprovider allows. I suppose it's ftp only?
I suppose he's not allowing you to move your mysql datadir to your account either?
External databases forbidden as well? (you could use some database on http://www.db4free.net/ then)

Saluutjes,
Mark
(pm in dutch possible)
aducom
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aducom »

There is no provider anywhere which will allow you to access your MySQL database from outside the server for obvious reasons. If you do not need to update a lot then you can export sql and import it by using phpMyAdmin i.e. But what I don't see is what Zeos got to do with it.