Issue with Views and Blobs

This is the international (english) support forum for the SQLite Administrator developed and maintained by Orbmu2k.

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, Orbmu2k

Akroma
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Issue with Views and Blobs

Post by Akroma »

I have created a new view below is the SQL of the view:

CREATE VIEW [MyView] AS
SELECT * FROM Test where ID="2"

It does not seem to work when I click on Views and then Select MyView If I click on the results tab it does not give the results. I see nothing in the results area

I have tested the select query separately and that works. Could I be doing something wrong?

I have tired the view I created in another program http://www.sqliteexpert.com/ and it works there so I think I'm creating the view correctly.
--------------------------------------
I have a database that has pictures in it via blobs. when I double click on the field I don't see my picture I see a preview window with nothing in it. If I right click it gives me the option to save the picture but nothing happens when I try that.

The blobs are viewable in this software too http://www.sqliteexpert.com/

I only mention the sqlite expert program as I used that to test the db in another app just to see if i was doing something wrong
Orbmu2k
SQLite Admin Developer
SQLite Admin Developer

Post by Orbmu2k »

This isn't a bug ... it just a feature wich is not implemented yet. :)

The only way to view the content of a view is to execute a sql select statement.

I dont know how sqliteexpert store the blobs ... Sqlite Administrator just stores the real RAW binary stream into. SA also only support bmp and jpg files at the moment.
Akroma
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Akroma »

Thanks for that information!
I'm looking forward to new features!

On the blobs:
The database that I tested with was one that I created using C#. The pictures where inserted using a program that I created.

I did a test by using SQLite Administrator to insert a new picture into one of my blob rows and that works.

SQLite Administrator saw that picture but it does not see the ones that my C# program inserted. If you would like to see my db for testing I can send it to you. Other software seems to read the pictures okay.

Thanks again for your work on this tool. Its the best one I've used.