Install of newest ZeosLib for Delphi 7 is not working.

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

NeiSep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Install of newest ZeosLib for Delphi 7 is not working.

Post by NeiSep »

Hello
i have tried to install this but it seems impossibul whatever i do it just won't install i get all kinds of weirdo errors:
[Fatal Error] ZPropertyEditor.pas(50): File not found: 'ZClasses.dcu'

This is one of them i get when i trying to install and other stuff thats being complaind on is when trying to install the other it says it is not in design mode

What can i do to get this to work in Delphi 7 ?

Have a wonderfull day.
NeiSep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by NeiSep »

i fixed it hehe rofl well it toke some time after reading alot on the forum.
ThomasW
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ThomasW »

Well, I had my problems installing it as well, but when things first started to roll, there were no errors what so ever.

I found, that IF you compile any of the packages in the wrong order, you MAY have to delete the whole, and unpack it again - as Delphi starts getting confused about which dcu's belong to where.

As a hint to install ZeosLib 6.6.0.beta:
1. A good hint: Read the installation instructions carefully. ;)
2. All projects until the last, are to be compiled, not installed. If you do try to install, you'll receive an error ie. "Failed to install ZCore70.bpl, project is not a design package."
3. The last project (ZComponentDesign70.bpl) is to be installed.
4. You should get a dialog saying, that the ZeosLib components has been installed. (Please note: I successfully tested the components using the very latest MySQL database version).

The reason why I stumbled into this set of nice utilities, where because of the many wrappers out there discontinued until a DB version that is hardly available at all. Sigh! I have been testing components all night, FINALLY I found somethnig that works. Thanks a lot! :D
NeiSep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by NeiSep »

yea well i did read it and i did as it stod but it was very annoying becuse it did not work i had to reopen the project in Delphi to get the dialog box to apear.
Now it works perfekt i just have to start to learn how it all works hehe.
ThomasW
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ThomasW »

Well, I've been working around a lot of different aspects in Delphi, from hardcore Assembler till composing valuable (freeware) components, algorithms, using typecasting, forward streaming, own memory manager, mini-versions of Delphi units etc etc, and I still haven't figured how this giant new set of magic components is hanging along right into the latest standards of protocols.

I guess the best part of being superman, is to be able to hide all the sweat behind a big blue coat of super-knowledge, looking so "easy", that even the most complex parts start looking easy. Something tells me, that it shall take more than a single lifetime for me to get into the depth of it - even though I have worked around a lot of database stuff. :P

I just feel lucky, that I am not the one to sit back and debug these 100.000+ lines of code, and be able to sit back and enjoy the show of performance versus ODBC - or pay $$ for anything worth to mention a comparisson to this marvellous piece of art. Components like this is what defines the standards in the open source scene today.

10 out of 10 from me!
ifajar
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ifajar »

Hi all.

I have done all the steps from above, but when compiling / installing ZComponentDesign70.bpl, I get this error :

[Error] ZPropertyEditor.pas(434): Undeclared identifier: 'GetSequences'

from ZPropertyEditor.pas line 434 & 447.

Anyone can help ?
I appreciate for your help.
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

Have you got an old version of Zeos around?

Regards,

Ben
ifajar
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ifajar »

Yes, I have succesfully installed zeosdbo-6.1.5-stable on Delphi 7 & I did it with no hassle.
But not for ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta :-(
Regards,
Irawan
ifajar
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ifajar »

Ok, I finally got this thing done.
Can I add another hints ? ;-)

Things need to do before starting the compile / install process :
=========================================
1. Remove all previously installed zeosdbo component from Component - Install Packages ( not only unticked the design packages, but remove it with Remove button )
2. Remove/Delete all previously installed z*.bpl files & search path from earlier version zeosdbo
3. Add library search path for ..\packages\delphi7\build
4. Add library search path for ..\src\[all subfolders]

Hope this helps :)
Regards,
Irawan