Help files needed

Freature requests from users for ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, mdaems

Petya
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Help files needed

Post by Petya »

What I mostly miss from Zeos is a help file with good references so that I can press F1 on a component, property or event in the IDE.
And I also wonder what methods are there in the components and what they do.
It's very time-consuming to find everything out of the source files.

Bests:
Peter
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Re: Help files needed

Post by Michael »

Hi Petya,
Petya wrote:What I mostly miss from Zeos is a help file with good references so that I can press F1 on a component, property or event in the IDE.
I think, we all do miss the help and we work on it but we had some serious problems in the passed that threw us back in our plans :evil:. So the only thing I can do is ask everyone of you to ba patient. The help is going to come.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
nuthling
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by nuthling »

Just wondering… Do you guys need help with the help file :). Because maybe somebody must just coordinate a project (if there isn’t already one), so that any guy (or member) can add to the help file.

But we need a list to see who is doing what so that no double work is being done. I’ll be more than willing to help out in my spare time.

Just an idea…
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

You could start a Wiki, which can be used as source for later - more complete documentation.
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

Well, to be honest I don't miss the help file very much. In fact 90% of the properties and events are from TDataSet, so F1 indeed works.. :):):)

The only thing missing for new dudes is the special properties and events like Catalog, ZMetaData, SQLProcessor,.. etc. Those functions are not implemented every day, but when needed they are like heaven :wink: