Link to the downloads doesn't work

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Ralph
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Link to the downloads doesn't work

Post by Ralph »

Thanks for keeping up the work on Zeos - I hope...

I just wanted to download the latest 6.5.1, but this link leads to a error 404...

http://users.telenet.be/mdaems/ZEOS_TESTING_REV_113.zip

Any ideas?
Ralph
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ralph »

Just found and downloaded the latest 6.6.0... but guess what:

Well, I still work with Delphi 4 C/S, and I think I will have to stay with good old 5.4.1 (or should I change to 5.5.0 ?). The latest releases of Zeos don't support Delphi 4 anymore, right?

BTW: 5.4.1 still works absolutely perfect, even with PostgreSQL 8.2
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Ralph,

You're right on both remarks.
- The downloads : the one you tried was on my personal webspace before we had the download directory on this forum server. For new SVN snapshots just look for the link in the portal announcements.

- Delphi 4 : for the moment only D5 and higher are supported. Recently somebody posted me a D4 port, but the sender promised me to fix a few isues I found. I did not get a newer version from him.
For his version see http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=966 there you will also find my comments. f you get it fixed please send us your patch. I will certainly check and - when appropriate - merge it.

Mark

Mark
Ralph
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Ralph »

Mark,

thanks for your answer!

I'm afraid, but unfortunately my timetable doesn't allow any additional work on other projects.

I'd have to dig into too many sources to be a considerable help. I know, everybody probably argues this way...

But there is still a chance to get the D4 port from megaribi - let's just wait and see.

Ralph