ZEOSDBO-6.6.0-beta BDS2006 install problem

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

avmesquita
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by avmesquita »

I am using Delphi 7 and I get the same message saying the package has been installed.

I read the "official". It didn't work.

More any idea?

thanks
yayaretina
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by yayaretina »

you got the same problem with me... is there any master who can tell how to install
zeos 6.6 on delphi 7. cause i've try in the same way on db2006 above it's still didn't work.. more any way...
yayaretina
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by yayaretina »

and always show an error message like this :

cannot load packages ZCore70. It's contains unit 'Zmessages,' which is also contained in package "Zcore'.
avmesquita
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by avmesquita »

yayarentina,

Before install, go to menu "Install Packeges" and de-select all Zeos Packages from it and then erase all Z*.bpl packages from your machine.

Note: I can't install this package yet. But I receive "Package has been installed"... and Nothing.
Thanatos81´
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Thanatos81´ »

Hi folks!

I did exactly as Michael told in this post.And I do get a message from BDS that the package has been installed. But the components are nowhere to be found :shock: So, I already tried a fresh install of BDS in an empty VM, but the problem stayed the same.

Is it possible that this occurs because I have not installed the full BDS 2006 but only the Win32 personality, latetst Update and Hotfix-Rollup?
yayaretina
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by yayaretina »

avmesquita,

Thank for the advice... and when i try it again.. the result is like
And I do get a message from BDS that the package has been installed, But the components are nowhere to be found
but, when i restart my comp... ting... zeosComp exsist..

maybe thanatos81 must restart the Compie after installing..
mkerkhoff
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Probs with turbo delphi and Zeoslib

Post by mkerkhoff »

I have the same probs when installing Zeoslib 6.6 Beta.

Everything went fine, no errors but also no Components on Palette :(

even restart doesnt work :cry:

Any idea/ help would be nice
Thanatos81´
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Thanatos81´ »

Restart did not work for me either. So I just tried to "trick" Delphi and installed the packages for Delphi 7. Worked fine, it stated that components had been added.

After that I tried to compile an existing project which I can can compile using Delphi 7 and latest ZeosDBO. Windows Installer popped up and asked for BDS2006Disk1 and then Disk3.

After this was done, all my projects compiled just fine. Are there any objections against doing so?

By the way I found out that the .bdsgroup in packages\Delphi10 does not contain ZComponentReg.pas. So I tried to add it and then install the .bdsgroup instead of the Delphi 7 package. But compiler told me it had to get rid off ZComponentReg.pas before installing. Is this connected to not having the components in the designer when using the .bdsgroup?
yayaretina
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by yayaretina »

well, maybe our problem is not same.. i'll try to figure it out.. meanwhile...
lmueller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lmueller »

I've tried installing the 6.6 beta today on BDS 2006, following Michaels Instructions precisely.

No luck, still getting the following Message:

Remove ZPropertyEditor, ZUpdateSqlEditor, ZComponentReg.
Unit(s) ZPropertyEditor, ZUpdateSqlEditor, ZComponentReg were found in required package ZComponent.

sigh... I'm no stranger to BDS, and to the best of my knowledge, there are no traces of existing installations anywhere. I really need a resolution, but I'm not sure where else to look. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lutz
firmos
n00blet
n00blet

Post by firmos »

Hi.

Please follow Michaels Instructions step by step.
They should realy work!

Now for some tweaks, before you do Michaels Instructions.

Close All Delphi's.

1) Search your whole (!) computer for *.bpl Files
Delete all of the following:
ZComponent100.bpl
ZComponentDesign100.bpl
ZCore100.bpl
ZDbc100.bpl
ZParseSql100.bpl
ZPlain100.bpl
and(!) all "old" Zeos BPL files.
Looking at datetime might help.

2) Remove from your registry: (Example for BDS2006) :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS\4.0\Known Packages]
"V:\\Delphi_Libs\\D10_BPL\\ZComponentDesign100.bpl"
and eventually OLD BPLS you do not need.

3) Start your Delphi and add the ZEOS Source Paths's
Example below assuming ZEOS Basedir is "Z:"

z:\src\component
z:\src\core
z:\src\dbc
z:\src\parsesql
z:\src\plain

4) Now follow Michaels instructions again.

HINT:
We do ZEOS installation in development groups, by just distributing the ZEOS BPL's to every Computer via SVN. (Every User has the same Delphi environent and Path settings!)
and by Importing the Registry Keys automatically like in 2).
This way Delphi does not even need to compile it and installation is done in under 30 seconds... Only one person makes the BPL build)

Please report if you have success or problems !

thanks,

helmut
lmueller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lmueller »

Success.

Here's what my problem was:

I have an old installation of Delphi7 next to my BDS2006.
Nothing in my BDS2006 installation pointed to any Delphi7 related directory, I simply never had any reason to add any of those paths.

BUT...

I've had an old Zeos installation in my $(Delphi7)/Projects/BPL folder. It should never have found these, but checking out my system $PATH, I discovered that this directory was actually in front of pretty much everything BDS2006-related.

So call me crazy, but somehow BDS2006 walks my system path in search for BPL files. Either that, or there's some remnant within BDS2006 that looks at my Delphi7 registry entries.

Once I had removed the Delphi7 Zeos related BPLs (and removed the directory from my $PATH), the installation went through without trouble.

Helmut and Michael, thank you very much for your excellent posts, I wish this was sticky so that people could find it.

One more addition: 6.6 beta installed on a fresh BDS2006 Ent. installation without a problem.

Happy Holidays from Kansas City!

Lutz
Last edited by lmueller on 02.12.2006, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

Errors relating to "Entry Point Not Found" are almost always fixed by removing duplicate files. It looks like you have an old copy of ZPlain.bpl somewhere in your path.

Regards,

Ben
chris_had
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by chris_had »

Hi,

When I tried to install zeos 6.6 beta into Delphi 2006 Studio, I also had the following error

"Remove ZPropertyEditor, ZUpdateSqlEditor, ZComponentReg.
Unit(s) ZPropertyEditor, ZUpdateSqlEditor, ZComponentReg were found in required package ZComponent.
"

However, I managed to work out the issue, and have now successfully installed it.

The way I resolved it was to remove the ZComponent package from the "required packages" list before installing the Design time package.

I hope that helps,
Chris
chris_had
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by chris_had »

To alicelik:

I got the same error in D2006 after I clicked OK when asked if I wanted to remove the references.

To peteoshea:

This is resolved by removing the ZComponent packge from the required packages list form the designtime100 package.

In order to successfully install the 6.6 beta package into D2006, I did the following...

1) Unziped a fresh copy of 6.6 beta.
2) Deleted the contents of the "\Packages\Delphi10\Build" directory.
3) Opened the "zeosdbo.bdsgroup" package.
4) Selected the "ZComponentDesign100.bpl" package, under the "requires"
section, remove the package "ZComponent".
5) Right-click select "Build all from here"
This gave me 19 warnings, but no errors.
6) Finally install the ZComponentDesign100.bpl package.

This should now give you the Zeos components for winforms.