SQLUpdate viisual editor in Kylix 3

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

prokicki
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

SQLUpdate viisual editor in Kylix 3

Post by prokicki »

why doesn't the component TZUpdateSQL in the Kyliix wersion have a visual query editor?

P.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

Maybe because we don't use Kylix and were not able to change the right packagefiles? No Idea.

Just have a look at how it's done in D7 and try to add them for kylix, please. We would be very happy to include it in our distribution. Just send us the changed files if you can manage.

Mark
prokicki
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by prokicki »

mdaems wrote:Hi,

Maybe because we don't use Kylix and were not able to change the right packagefiles? No Idea.

Just have a look at how it's done in D7 and try to add them for kylix, please. We would be very happy to include it in our distribution. Just send us the changed files if you can manage.

Mark
gimme a clue where about (file, no of line) is a code responsible for that editor, I'll try to do it on my own and i'll send it to u when it's done
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

My clue (and I think it's very close :) ) :
Edit ZComponentreg.pas -> Make sure

Code: Select all

RegisterComponentEditor(TZUpdateSQL, TZUpdateSQLEditor); 
is called for Kylix.
Edit ZComponent.dpk -> add

Code: Select all

ZUpdateSqlEditor in '..\..\src\component\ZUpdateSqlEditor.pas' {ZUpdateSQLEditForm},
BTW : would you care synchronizing package layouts for Kylix with the D7/D2006 layout with the separate ComponentDesign packages (and other changes)? I don't think syntax differs very much, so it may be a quite easy job.

Thanks very much for your offer!!

Mark
aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by aperger »

Hi

It was not a requirements for me to do this... If it is ready I can test it and I will send you a reply.

Attila
aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by aperger »

Hi

I was not interested in to do this package modification.. but it is ready at the monent, but on FC4/Kylix 3 when I click on the TZUpdateSQL components to call it's on editor Access Violation is raising.

I attache my patch: patch_kylix_packeges_rev186.patch

Attila
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.