Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

garoto_burns
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Problems with Protocol postgresql-8

Post by garoto_burns »

Hi people.

I'm with some problems while connecting to PostgreSQL 8.1 with Delphi 7 and Zeos DBO 6.6.0 Beta Version.

When I try to connect using postgresql-8 protocol I got an error on LIBEAY32.DLL.
Error description: The ordinal 3724 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.

With the protocol set to postgresql-7 works fine but this isn't a option because I got some problem with UTF-8 encoding when I do this (the handling of the encoding in pg8.1 is diferent of the pg7.x).

Someone knows a solution?

Thanks.
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

I'm using libeay32.dll with a version number of 0.9.8.0 which seems to work with the libpq81.dll which comes with zeos.

You should be able to download updated versions at http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Regards,

Ben
garoto_burns
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by garoto_burns »

The problem isn't is with PostgreSQL or any lybraries from it, because it works fine when I change the Protocol on TZConnection to postgresql-7.

I'm using the latest version of PostgreSQL and I really don't get success when I try to connect using Protocol progresql-8.

Any other sugestion?
silviogs
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Location: The Most Oriental Point of America - João Pessoa - Brazil

Post by silviogs »

Hi garoto_burns

you already it tried to use in the property protocol (postgresql) in zconnection.

yours truly

Silvio Guedes
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

Hi garoto_burns,

I'm almost certain it is a library problem. When you choose between postgresql-7 and postgresql-8 you'll change which dll you use, which in turn then rely on other libraries.

Regards,

Ben