Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Hikari
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Access Violation after updating to 6.5.1

Post by Hikari »

Hello.

I've been using ZeosLib 6.1.5 for more than one year and didn't want to update until the release of another stable version.

But since I always have lots of problems installing Zeos everytime I must install CBuilder, I decided to try the newest versions. I use CBuilder6 with FireBird 2.0 RC.

First I tried to install 6.6.0, with no luck at all, it doesn't even compile.

I was able to install 6.5.1 and simple tests worked, so I was happy. I created a testing version of one of my programs and imedately noted that, I don't know why, they didn't work. There was no error message, but the data wasn't being retrieved, it was like all tables were empty.

I created new Zeos components and configured their properties equal the original ones.
Some ZQueries work directly with DataAcess and Data Controls, some I just put something on their SQL property and call Open() or ExecSQL(). The Data Control ones worked fine, a DBGrid showed data again (it was empty like I said).

But (at least) one ZQuery is not working. This is the part of code with the problem:

Code: Select all

ZQueryUpdater->SQL->Text=string;
   ZQueryUpdater->ExecSQL();
string is a SQL string that uses Insert Into or Update depending on the case.

If the ExecSQL() is commented no error happens. If it is executed I receive this message:

Code: Select all

Access violation at address 40006CFE in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Write of address 00269CF8.
The addresses are always the same...

I tried to statically link the libraries on the executable file (uncheck "Use dynamic RTL" on Linker tab and "Build with runtime packages" on Packages tab), but the access violation still happens, pointing now different addresses on the *.exe file.

It seems to be related with ZeosLib linking, since it happens when ExecSQL is called and it tries to write on a Borland code.

Anybody have idea what I can do to fix it plz? :(
Hikari
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Hikari »

Nevermind, I discovered the cause.
When I updated from 6.1.5 to 6.5.1 I forgot to update the Include hpp files :x
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Concerning 6.6.0 : we know about a cbuilder package bug in the released 6.6.0 version. This problem should be fixed in the SVN Trunk version. (See documentation in Tutorials forum)

That version should be much better than the (rather old) 6.5.1 you installed.

Mark