Where can we connect to de CVS

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Jay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Where can we connect to de CVS

Post by Jay »

Where can we connect to de CVS to get the latest versions?
Is there any documentacion? Where can we find it?

Regards
Jay
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Since almost a year we use an SVN repository. (Subversion, not CVS)
You can find plenty of details about this in the forum.

Mark
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

Hola Jay.
1) Download TortoiseSVN from http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
2) Install it
3) Restart you computer
4) Open Windows explorer
5) Create a folder wherever you want that will store the ZeosDBO developement branch files.
6) Right-click the folder and select the option 'SVN Checkout...'
7) In the checkout windows there is a text box labeled 'URL of repository', click on it and type 'svn://www.firmos.at/zeos/trunk' (make sure you're not checking out the full project repository or you may run outof disk space!!)
8 ) Be sure 'HEAD revision' is selected
9) Click OK button

10)TortoiseSVN should start to download all files, this can take a while depending on your internet speed and server load.

11) Wait till all download is finished. To get always latest revision changes you can update the folder anytime by right clicking on the folder and select 'SVN Update' in the context menu. The update will add, remove and update files contained in the latest revision in the server.

12) Since yesterday there is a new release '/tags/6.6.0-beta'. this contains the latest (quite) stable release. Some people do use this (beta!) version as the component suite for production.

13) If you want to have latest patches and updates use the '/branches/testing' sources. They will contain up to date sources but we can't assure some new features or patches can cause the component to fail in certain ways.

14) In between there is the /trunk branch, which is the branch connecting different releases. Once tested for a while in testing branch all new coding moves here. Releases are snapshots ofthis branch.

Regards
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Sorry Jay,...
I was a little short this morning.

Thanks for your reply, Fduenas. I will correct it on some points, however. I hope you don't mind...
I've also put this 'manual' in a post on the tutorials forum.

Mark
Jay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Jay »

Thanks for the reply. I only needed the actual address 'svn://www.firmos.at/zeos/trunk', but the whole explanaition is sure to help others interested in obtaining the latestst versions.

Jay