Hard Commit for TZConnection

Freature requests from users for ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, mdaems

cipto_kh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Hard Commit for TZConnection

Post by cipto_kh »

I had read the Zeos article about connecting the ZeosDBO with Firebird.
Now the feature request is, it should be hard commit if AutoCommit property for TZConnection is True, my reason is the Firebird engine will treat a transaction to be "interesting transaction" if only commit retaining and it will increase the garbage that cause the sweep must be done (sweep command will decrease performance of Firebird itself).

But I don't know the behaviour of other RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Sybase). If the behaviour of the Firebird is not the same with other RDBMS that ZeosDBO supported, then it should be another property for TZConnection that developer can choose between hard commit or soft commit (commit retaining). Thank's
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi cipto_kh,

the philosophy of the ZeosDBOs is that the resultset is kept (also while executing updates) until it is retrieved again. This is also the behaviour of JDBC on which the ZeosDBOs are based (see: ZDBC-acticle in the knowledge base). And this is implemented in ZeosDBOs for any DB that it supports. Your request will result in a new feature of ZeosDSOs and we have to look how it can be implemented.

To achieve hard commits for Firebird you just have to disconnect from database and then connect again. This is the only way how "hard" commits will be executed.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]