zeosdbo-6.5.1-alpha_cvs doesn't want to compile on Delphi 5

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

nuthling
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

zeosdbo-6.5.1-alpha_cvs doesn't want to compile on Delphi 5

Post by nuthling »

We are living in a cruel world... But before I start with my life let me tell you about my Zeosdbo problem. I downloaded the archive zeosdbo-6.5.1-alpha_cvs_23-09-2005 to install and see what’s happening with library and as I try to install it on Borland Delphi 5…it doesn’t want to install/compile.

My first problem is I (Delphi 5?) doesn’t have a DateUtils unit needed in ZdbcMySqlStatement and maybe some other units (ZdbcMySqlStatement was the first one screaming with errors). So for a start I searched on my computer to find a ‘DateUtils’ file. Guess what! Lazarus had one, so a quick port from Lazarus to Delphi 5 and I had a working (Hopefully, at least it compiled) DateUtils unit.

But wait there is more! The following fields doesn’t exsist ftTimeStamp and ftFMTBcd in Delphi 5(As far as I know). Zeosdbo is also calling ApplicationHandleException (Delphi couldn’t find such method) so I changed it to Application.HandleException(It compiled).

Finally in TZAbstractDataset.InternalPost line Zeoslib assigns FieldByName(FSequenceField).Value := FSequence.GetNextValue; and this gives a compiler error stating something like variant and int64 is not compatible. So with my amateur programming knowledge I changed the line to FieldByName(FSequenceField).AsInteger := FSequence.GetNextValue;.

So after all this all the packages is willing to compile. So install it just get the following error message “The procedure entry point @db@Tdataset@InternalPost$qqr could not be located in the dynamic link library Vcldb50.bpl”.

So I quit trying to run Zeosdbo 6.5.1 alpha on my pc and started to write this post. I just want to know if it is an “I D 10 T” error on my side or if the alpha version of Zeosdbo is not Delphi 5 compatible, because Zeosdbo 6.1.5-stable is running wonderfully on my system.

Any response would be appreciated.
Keep up with the great work.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

This problem is the one I mentioned in this topic :
http://seegernet.koolhost.de/zeosforum/ ... c.php?t=88

(No replies yet)

Mark Daems
skysword
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by skysword »

Hi,

I have the same problems as nuthling (all of them) and I've tried the same fixes.
There is not a wrong path/old instalation etc problem, I tried everything, from clean install to copy over.
I think is an incompatibility problem with Delphi 5, since the work is probably done in higher IDE's.
Maybe some of the staff will dig out a Delphi 5 copy and he'll try installing it.
Meanwhile I'm back to last year 6.5.1-alpha

Thanks Zeos staff, great work and pls let us know if Delphi 5 support is discontinued.