ZPlainMySql320 missing

Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

krisleech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

ZPlainMySql320 missing

Post by krisleech »

When I try and compile Zplain package using Lazarus (I have download the ReWork version for FreePascalCompiler) I get an error saying it cant find ZPlainMySql320.pas, this file does not exist in the src folder, but other refrences to mysql do.

If I ignore the error I find that the file (ZPlainMySql320.pas) is in the uses clause of ZPlainFirebird20.pas...

Any ideas of why the file is missing?

Many thanks!
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

This file is certainly not missing in latest distributions. Where did you download from?
You can download very recent versions Here or from SVN (for directory address, please check other posts in this forum)

Attention : in future versions mysql3.20 will not be enabled by default. It will be necessary to edit Zeos.inc to enable.

Mark
krisleech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by krisleech »

Thanks for the reply.

Im using Trunk from SVN at svn://firmos.at/zeos, using a repository browser I do not see the file in question, mysqsl320.pas, in the src folder?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Oh, there all old mysql stuff has been removed by Firmos. Actual development happens in testing branch. There we decided not to abort usability of these versions but let them 'die out'. So if you want to use the old mysql stuff uncomment the right line in zeos.inc. Otherwise : just use testing branch. It SHOULD compile well, ignoring the ZPlainMysql320 unit by default.

Let me know when it does NOT. We'll fix it asap.

BTW : the packages on the site mentionned before are build using testing branch and are reasonably up-to-date.

Mark
krisleech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by krisleech »

Im not looking to use old MySQL stuff just something that will compile on Win32 and Linux and will allow me to abstract my database call away from a specific database vendor (one of which would MySQL).

I will try the development version from the link you gave me previous, is that the rework of ZeosLib though? (Im using FPC/Lazarus)

Many thanks for your prompt help so far :)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

It is the rework version. I've installed it in Lazarus. Just use the newest fpc version if that's possible for you.

Mark
krisleech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by krisleech »

Hi Mark, thanks for your help, I have now downloaded and installed 6.1.5, which has cured the MySQL problem, however I am still having problems, I posted on another thread as it is not related specifically to MySQL :)

http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=7 ... highlight=

Thanks again, K.