zeosdbo-6.5.1-alpha_cvs cannot be compiled with Delphi 2006

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

MZmuda
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by MZmuda »

Hi, Terence,

I did what you recommended - deleted all *.DCU files (there were no *.DCP files,) from the Zeoslib directory. I then reloaded the ZCore, ZPlain, ZParseSQL, ZDBC, and ZComponent .bdsproj files (individually) and compiled / built them. Afterwards, I INSTALLed the ZComponent file. When I created my application, I ended up getting the same runtime error 216 upon program termination.

Any other suggestions?

- Mike Z.
MZmuda
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by MZmuda »

Hello,

I have just tried installing the Zeos library on another computer with ONLY Delphi 2006, and NOT Delphi 6 on it. After many problems, I was able to get the component to install, however this incarnation will not connect and yeilds an Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.

Again - any advice or insight which you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks -

Mike Z.
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

Really no idea!

Have you ever installed any other comp similar like zeos?
Maybe your install procedure is completly wrong.
I am quite sure that the problem has thg , to do with zeos comps itself but with your delphi installation or the way you are "installing" zeos.

Try to read some general stuff about compiling and installing ide/design components in delphi-maybe then you will find answers by yourself.

However, if someone else has any ideas - they are welcome.
fabian
dhongu
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by dhongu »

I have some problem MZmuda but only mysql 4.0, with mysql 4.1, mysql 5 is ok.

Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000 from Delphi IDE and runtime error 216 when run compiled application without Delphi IDE

I have version 100 from SVN.
Dorin Hongu
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

Ahh, it wasn't clear to me that the installation is no longer the problem but your already compiled and the app runs into access violation. That is a complete new problem, you shall make a new thread and publish all other params, like db version and where exactly the error raises.
fabian
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

BTW, this can be a problem when the dll actually loaded does not correspond to the protocol that is chosen in your connection. eg using the mysql4.0 dll when 'mysql' or 'mysql5' protocol is chosen.

Mark
MZmuda
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by MZmuda »

Hi, Terrence,

For all I know, I'm NOT installing it correctly. I've only had Delphi 2006 for about a week now. I've installed just about all of the components I had from Delphi 6 and they all went in without a problem. Granted, some of them came with "installers," but the others went in without a problem.

But yes, the component is now installed, only not working "properly." I will start a new thread on the main board.

Thanks -

Mike Z.