Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Batch compile and install

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can issue some batch commands (from dos window) to compile everything in the ZeosDboDevel projectgroup and install the component package. Is that also possible when Delphi(7) is open and another project is loaded? I ask this because I'm debugging some new feature of ZEOS using a simple test application. Swapping between that app and the zeos projectgroup (for compile and install) is a little inconvenient.

And for lazarus? How do I write a script to compile the 5 packages and (re-install) them to the IDE?

Mark
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

I don't know, dut you can check Indy installation - it does the same thing, I think.
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

http://www.delphi-jedi.org/

This set of components (you should know it) does exactly what you want. The installer is open source, and is build up on installation, with your version of delphi (or in case, the most recent version installed), and the code is all in object pascal.

You may want to take a look!
BTW, it only install with delphi closed :)
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

I m asking me why Borland DevStudio is still not able to compile/build a complete projectgroup.

Mdaems: An installer to enable zeos in delphi sounds great - similar to the one from jedi project ;)
fabian
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hey, I was just looking for some trick to avoid swapping between a project using ZEOSLIB and the ZEOS projectgroup without having to close my project. Or if installing while the IDE is open is impossible : just close the IDE and run a command to rebuild/install ZEOS. I'm almost sure it's possible to compile a Delpi program without the IDE (for Lazarus I KNOW, but not how). Probably borland did notinvent a way to install a component from outside of the IDE.

I suppose JEDI lib has some utility that does this, or maybe they use Delphi provided tool. I have not yet time to discover this. The more : it would take far more time to seek it all through than just do the boring swap to zeos /build all/install/swap to project sequence.

Mark
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

mdaems, to compile without using the IDE, use the compiler itself in program files\borlans\delphi-version\bin\dcc32.exe ;)
I puted it into "open with" list of windows (2003 server here) for .dpr files. For me, to compile without open IDE is just a right click, open with, dcc32. The binary pops up, quick and easy :)

EDIT: I've looking through JEDI installer, it's only a big program arround dcc32.exe. You may take a closer look at jvcl\install\JVCLInstall\compile.pas, the main stuff is all there, including package installer and other goodies.
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!