Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

OstCode
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Zeos Access failed mysql connection

Post by OstCode »

hi folks!

i have zeos dbo featuring mysql server 5.
my problem is: i can regulary connect to the server by code. actually im working with quantum grids. for that i need to import all column fields in the object inspector. thats where my problem begins: when trying to import the column fields the object inspector needs to be connected with the server, but i get an error message like: "cannot establish connection to mysql server (errorcode:10046)"
userPWD and username are correct.
its just the same when working with interbase databases. same procedure, but there is no problem to retrieve the columns by connectiong to the database.
does anyone had the same problem, maybe anyone can help me solving this prob!?

thanks,
regards

dirk
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

are the DLLs in a directory that is in the path? It seems that you've put the DLLs in the application directory, so it makes sense why they works runtime (the application looks in self directory) and not in design-time (Delphi looks in PATH directories).

Solution: Move/copy the DLLs into a PATH directory (like C:\Windows\System32).

Hope it works.
OstCode
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by OstCode »

thanks zippo for your answer!

well your descr is very logical, but that wasnt the problem - the problem wasnt the ZEOSLib (missing dll or so)...first time i startet delphi, i blocked the networktraffic with this application,it wasnt clear to my why delphi explicit required network access...
well.. now its pretty clear to me :)