Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

installing in delphi 5

Post by Chaosworld »

Hi
I know that there are several discussions about the problem to install ZeosLib 6.5.1 into Delphi 5, like this
http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=545
and
http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=335
. Special the first one is very informative. I tried to follow the changings in the actual CVS-Version (Version 96), but it didn't worked, I got the first 2 files installed, but than i got absolut lost in the errors, does anybody have a version of zeos 6.5.1 that works with delphi 5 professional? I am still using the 6.5.1-alpha build at 2004-11-14 03:26:23. I would love it to change to a more new version, but i got myself absolut lost the try. I'm trieing it since 6 month regular again with the actual version, but i never got to an working result.
Did anybody got an version to run on Delphi 5 that is not from 2004?

Thanks for every replay

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi chaosworld,

Did you already try my builds on http://users.telenet.be/mdaems or the SVN (instead of the old CVS) testing branch at svn://www.firmos.at/zeos/branches/testing ? I did some changes to get it compiled with D5, I think it may contain bugs for some situations.
Give it a try.

Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

Hi
thanks for your answer and your wunderfull work, i only had to exchange one PSmallInt to ^SmallInt and erease all ado-components and all worked wunderfull.

I installed "Testing branch(rev 90)" of your page. I never read before of this page. But now i saved it into my favorits to never forget it again :-D

I hope that your solutions will be oneday intigrated into the offical version.

Thanks

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Thanks Chaosworld,

To clarify something : the builds on my page are straight from the SVN repository the project team uses. Testing branch, but that's in fact the real development version.
If you want to send me the necessary changes (using ifdefs for Delphi 5, please) I could apply them to the repository as well. I didn'tget these ADO problems. Does it depend on Delphi 5 version? (Using a not so official enterprise version)

I think I've found the PSmallInt (ZPlainFirebirdInterbaseConstants??) so no patch needed for that. Will be in one ofthe following releases.

Mark
Chaosworld
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Chaosworld »

Yes you are right with PSmallInt in ZPlainFirebirdInterbaseConstants. So nothing big, one just have to know that the PSmallInt is the same like ^SmallInt. And about ado, yes, in version 5 it was a special situation, only the enterprise-version was with ado, the other versions where without. I just have a legal version and i don't need the newer features of delphi. i will make a comparison, and i will send you the changings. Where shall i send it to?

Chaosworld
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Did you try to comment the enable_ado directive in zeos.inc? It would be nice if no more change was necessary. (It works for Lazarus so you have a good chance)

Mark