Delphi 2006 loading libraries

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Gerard
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 2006 loading libraries

Post by Gerard »

I'm using Delphi 2006 and versoin 6.5.1 zeos with Posgres V8.1. Zeos reports that it can't find either libpq81.dll or libpq.dll when I try connecting to the server. Stepping through the code shows that loadlibrary is not returning a handle.

I wrote a test appication to see what was happening. I specified the full filename for the dll (including path) and checked the file exists before calling loadlibrary. I have tried loading both libpq81.dl and libpq.dll and neither library is loaded. If I try loading another dll that was written using Delphi it loads ok. pgAdmin works fine.

I've used the same code on Delphi 7 and it works correctly. Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Gerard. :?
Gerard
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Gerard »

The libpq.dll loads other dll files. In Version 8.1 of Postgres libpq.dll relies on the following dlls:
comerr32
libeay32
libintl-2.dll
libiconv-2.dll
krb5_32.dll
ssleay32.dll

Applications written with Borland Developer Studio 2006 is not reporting the error messages when libpq.dll fails to load these libraries. :x

Modify the systems path or put them in a folder already in the path.
gersonamach
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by gersonamach »

...Modify the systems path or put them in a folder already in the path.

but where do it ?

Tks

Gerson
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

In Windows XP you can set the system path using Control Panel -> System -> Tab Advanced -> Button Environment Variables ( translated from dutch, don't know itin your language)

Usually Windows\system32 is in the path.You could put the files there as well.

Mark