How can i to install 2 different versions of Zeos in my PC?

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

kairy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How can i to install 2 different versions of Zeos in my PC?

Post by kairy »

Hi.
I need to install 2 different versions of the ZeosDbo in my computer. The 6.5.1 of 13/10/2005 version and version 6.5.1 of 10/11/2004. How I could proceed to decide this problem? Already I tried to modify the place where the components would be registered (in the tool bar of delphi, using the archive: ZComponentReg.pas) but did not function. Necessary of the two installed therefore I am developing some systems in parallels, which depend on some resources that in one of the versions function perfectly and in the other not (DBLookpComboBox and MSSQL access). If they will be able to help me I will be grateful. They forgive, I am Brazilian and I do not speak very well English.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

No idea about how you could do that with these 2 versions.
If you are using Delphi 7 or above together with a recent build (see http://user.telenet.be/mdaems) you could try to change the installation place and the class names of the components to be installed. Newer versions make suffixed BPL's so I think the other classes will not interfere.

BTW, did you try the newest builds already?

BTW2 if you can point out what breaks down functionallity that was OK before, please let us know.

Mark
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

I think tre versions are too close. It is possible to install 5.x and 6.x (I did this) but you're using almost the same version, taht uses very similar units (maybe slight differences). I recommend you to use just one version - report the bugs and the team will certanly fix them.