Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

CVS Downloads

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

Two days ago I downloaded a CVS snapshot from http://www.opinfos.com/tempo/zeos/zeosdbo_rework.zip (10 sept 2005)
As far as I can remember I've found the link to this site in this forum. Unfortunately I can't find the topic anymore. :?: So I can't post any replies to the original sender.

I tried to install this download in Delphi 5 but encountered two problems:
- Unix linefeeds : Looks very well in code editor but does not compile.
conversion of the linefeeds with gawk solves this problem (at that time I didn't have unix2dos).
- Missing unit : apparently a new unit is being used by Zeoslib. I can't exactly remember, but I think it was StrUtils.pas the compiler was looking for.

Can somebody post a reply to this topic, adding the most current snapshot (I prefer windows linefeeds, but can fix that) as an attachment? I can't use cvs here. If somebody can point me the original topic pointing to http://www.opinfos.com/tempo/zeos/zeosdbo_rework.zip, that would also help a lot.

Greets,

Mark
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by barko »

I'm doing every time a clean checkout (to empty directory). Take snapshot again and try to compile today's cvs checkout (23.09.2005).

http://www.opinfos.com/tempo/zeos

checkout is made with cvs from linux

Try to compile packages in this order:

1. zcore (compile)
2. zparsesql (compile)
3. zplain (compile)
4. zdbc (compile)
5. zcomponent (compile and install)

This works for me every time on lazarus, kylix and delphi 7.... and I use same cvs checkout for linux and windows...
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Barko,

I'm happy I've found you again. I think a few people wil lbe happy to see that you keep a recent snapshot on a public place.

Concerning my compile problem : I see the StrUtils unit is still in the implementation uses clause of unit ZDbcMysqlResultSet. Is this a unit that is provided by Delphi or do I have to use some extra libraries? The zeos unit has been modified in june and it is the only one using StrUtils. Probably this is some new incompatible change for Delphi5? Only 2 or 3 functions from StrUtils are used, so maybe it's possible (and better) to use some other string functions? If StrUtils is public another solution would be to include the unit in the distribution.

Meanwhile I use the sourcefoge build of 2004. That one works fine for me.

Thanks for replying,
Mark
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi!

Please have a look into our downloads-section ... 8)
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Thx Michael,

That's what we were all waiting for. Unfortunately it does not solve my problem with the StrUtils unit that is not known by Delphi5. Why are the used functions not necessary for the other ZDbc*****ResultSet units?
Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Stevie »

mdaems wrote:Thx Michael,

That's what we were all waiting for. Unfortunately it does not solve my problem with the StrUtils unit that is not known by Delphi5. Why are the used functions not necessary for the other ZDbc*****ResultSet units?
Hi,

I have just fixed this bug.
The method leftstr is replaced with copy.

Regards
Stevie

P.S. Micha, can you please update the zip-file?
It is the unit \src\dbc\ZDbcMySqlResultSet.pas.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. (Albert Einstein)
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

Would be great if you can attach some notes,

- whats new/features/changed
- bugs fixed
- things to pay attention for that snapshot

Of course not possible if it gets a daily one. <g>
fabian
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hi Terence,

there are a couple of html files that contain documentation stuff. Please take a special look hat changes.html :wink:

@Stevie: The update will be made asap!

Michael

Post by Michael »

[quote=Stevie]P.S. Micha, can you please update the zip-file?
It is the unit \src\dbc\ZDbcMySqlResultSet.pas.[/quote]

:prog: ... done!

P.S.: We will do weekly CVS-Releases on every monday and if critical errors have been fixed. I hope this will be o.k.

mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

Does somebody from the development team still use Dephi5? I tried to install the CVS release of 26/9/2005 and the error mentioned above is fixed indeed. Next unit is called Dateutils. Same problem. Somebody decided to use decodeDateTime (I suppose to replace DecodeDate + DecodeTime) and once again, this doesn't work in D5.

I understand it is sometimes better to replace old functions by newer ones because they are more performant or some other reason. Maybe it's possible to add some 'compatibility' unit for older compiler versions that define the new functions used for new compilers? I imagine it wouldn't be to difficult to simulate the decodeDateTime function and eventualy the functions that were used from the strUtils unit.

Anyway, I want to thank the new team for taking over this nice project. It was dead but has been reanimated succesfully. Great job!

Mark