SaveToStream in TZAbstractRODataset

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
fernandobanhos
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

SaveToStream in TZAbstractRODataset

Post by fernandobanhos »

Why was the SaveToStream function defined only for the TZAbstractMemTable and not for the TZAbstractRODataset?

I'm developing an HTTP Server and I needed to transport a Stream of the result of a TZQuery or a TZReadOnlyQuery to the client, that's when I realized that the SaveToStream function belonged only to the TZMemTable

Would it be possible to move or create a SaveToStream for TZQuery and TZReadOnlyQuery?

Thanks
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: SaveToStream in TZAbstractRODataset

Post by marsupilami »

Hello,
fernandobanhos wrote: 02.05.2024, 01:41 Why was the SaveToStream function defined only for the TZAbstractMemTable and not for the TZAbstractRODataset?
This is because it was meant to only save the data of TZMemTable ;) Also the stream format is more or less defined to be internal for Zeos. It can change without notice.
fernandobanhos wrote: 02.05.2024, 01:41 I'm developing an HTTP Server and I needed to transport a Stream of the result of a TZQuery or a TZReadOnlyQuery to the client, that's when I realized that the SaveToStream function belonged only to the TZMemTable
May I ask what the use case is? What kind of clients do you want to connect to? There is the Zeos Webservice based proxy server and its driver. They use SOAP over HTTP and XML in general to transport the data and build a bridge over the internet for Zeos based applications.
If they don't fit into what you are doing, maybe the functions for encoding data into XML can help you.

Best regards,

Jan