Can't compile Zeos 7.1.3a stable in Delphi 7

The stable tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.
Prometeus
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Can't compile Zeos 7.1.3a stable in Delphi 7

Post by Prometeus »

Hello,

I am trying to compile the latest stable Zeos version (7.1.3a) in Delphi 7 but I always receive the exception "Cannot execute the """" command." I realized that this problem is happenning after version 7.04 stable. Since then and because I was in lack of time to try looking the solution for this situation I did stick with that version. But now I want to try the improvements of the latest versions but to no avail until now.

Any clue?

Thanks.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Can't compile Zeos 7.1.3a stable in Delphi 7

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Prometeus,

I use the current trunk version of Zeos 7.1 from svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/zeoslib/code-0/branches/7.1-patches and don't have problems like this when it comes to compiling. The only thing, I had to do was modify the package files to reference other zeos package files because otherwise I would get errors about packages containing the same unit name.
Do you have some Design time package installed, that maybe tries to execute some command? Because as far as I know Delphi doesn't execute external commands when it compiles things?
Best regards,

Jan