Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

lilmenace
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

MySQL 5

Post by lilmenace »

Hi,

i don't speak/write english very well, so i hope, you all can nuderstand me :)

i uses mysql 4.1 an zoeslib....it worked very well, now i updated my server on php 5 and mysql 5, but i don't realy know, how i can use zoeslib now with mysql 5 ...i googled a lot and looked into forums, but because i don't nuderstand english so good, i don't get zeoslib working.
please, maybe, you can give me an easy manual? :)
i use delphi 6.0 professional and the installed zeoslibs with support of mysql 4.1 (6.5.1 alpha)

thanks al lot :)

Daniel
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Well Daniel,

You can find most current (unofficial, I admit) version on http://users.telenet.be/mdaems .
Mysql 5 is added as a new protocol. I'm not sure the libmysql5.dll is included in the package yet (will certainly be included in future packages). If not, just use libmysql.dll from your mysql distribution. To be sure you use the correct one: rename to libmysql5.dll.

I suppose you are using zeoslib 6.5.1 (but an old version) already? Normally there were no important changes to take into account. Maybe you have to change the requestlive property to the readonly property (inverted: true becomes false!!)

Mark
Last edited by mdaems on 13.07.2006, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

..continued..

Its inlcuded for windows and you have to rename to libmysql50.dll if using from own distri.
fabian