solved: fields added to delphi field-editor not found by TZAbstractRODataset.BindFields

Forum related to Firebird

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

sglodek
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

solved: fields added to delphi field-editor not found by TZAbstractRODataset.BindFields

Post by sglodek »

Hello,

I don't know if this is a Zeos-error, a Delphi error or my mistake :-(

I have the query as you can see in the attachment (I can only put it in as Image, inserting the select as code leads to be blocked by sourceforge)

I can add all field in the Delph field-editor but not the fields assigner by p.bookid (an integer, id-field of the books-table), b.barcode (a 20 characters field) and Autorname.

Adding the fields in field-editor in desing-time works, I can chose the field and add them to a TDBDateGrid and see the values if I activate the connection and the query.

At runtime I get the error "field not found" and stopping the execution shows me, that this comes from TZAbstractRODataset.BindFields.

Because of the outer joins i tried to place the select in a view and use the view in the Delphi-objects, but this doesn't change anything. I get the same message for the same fields.

Is anyone here to see, what I am doing wrong?

Delphi-Version is 11 update 3
Zeos-Lib is 8.0.0

many thanks for every hint

Siegbert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sglodek on 08.02.2024, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
sglodek
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

SOLVED: fields added to delphi field-editor not found by TZAbstractRODataset.BindFields

Post by sglodek »

it was my mistake :oops: :oops:

later on in the application I changed the SQL programmatically. I had added this about 6 years ago and hadn't thought to customize it in the code in addition to the SQL in the TZQuery (for configuring at design time) when adding the new fields.

regards
Siegbert