Application crashes when calling ZIBEventAlerter1.RegisterEvents routine.

Forum related to the ZDBC API-Layer

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

cromao_
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Application crashes when calling ZIBEventAlerter1.RegisterEvents routine.

Post by cromao_ »

Good afternoon peoples!

I'm new here on the forum, and I would like to report a problem that occurred recently. Here at the company we use Zeos in our applications, which is phenomenal, and we started testing the TZIBEventAlerter component to help us update configurations and information on terminal machines on a network.

In the tests carried out on our network, everything works ok, without crashes or anything, but when we update the application at our client's company, the application crashes when calling the "RegisterEvents" routine (which did not happen in the internal tests at our company) .

To check if there was a problem with my system, I made a new simple project from scratch, a simple application containing just 4 TEdit to collect the server, database, firebird port and fbclient path. In addition, it has the TZConnection and TZIBEventAlerter components and a TButton to connect. I left two ShowMessagens in ZConnection1.AfterConnect, just to check if it was actually crashing at this point, as shown below:

ShowMessage('before');
ZIBEventAlerter1.RegisterEvents;
ShowMessage('after');

and it actually crashes when calling ZIBEventAlerter1.RegisterEvents.

I am using version 7.2 of Zeos, together with Delphi 7.
I also tested it in Delphi 11, and had the same result.

in the TZIBEventAlerter component there is only one event registered.

I would like to know if anyone has any idea what could be causing this slowness when calling this routine.

My suspicions are:

1- Could it be the installation of Firebird on the company's machines?

2- Could it be some Windows configuration?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Application crashes when calling ZIBEventAlerter1.RegisterEvents routine.

Post by marsupilami »

Locked in favor of viewtopic.php?f=40&t=192800