Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Good stability of testing (SVN) versions and suggestions

Post by gto »

Hello !

Hm, I have one suggestion: There are "rooms" on the forum which doesn't have one single post or the posts are old, never updated.

And there are no places like a "Problems e Suggestions" relative to forum (where this post whould be posted!).

I dunno the disponibility to change the forum, counting the recent host change and that there are few devels active (credits for mdaems... in my point of view, you're the man that zeos needed!).

My idea: change the rooms (exclude or better, join the less used ones), create an area to forum relative problems and suggestions. May be not the best change ever, but I think it can help the newbies don't get lost here :)

My second is a question: The TESTING releases (from SVN tree) are quite stable. I'm testing (testing the testing... heheh) it for a couple of days, and here, in my pre-developed application, not a single problem came up (Firebird 1.5).

I think I can use it as "production" release. Somebody disagree? :mrgreen:
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

I also had no problems in MySQL 3.23.x, 5.x and D6, D2006..

Maybe it's time to declare the 6.x versions as stable?

What's about the 7 version? How's going?
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

zippo wrote:I also had no problems in MySQL 3.23.x, 5.x and D6, D2006..

Maybe it's time to declare the 6.x versions as stable?

What's about the 7 version? How's going?
I think the 7 version still far away heh..

About to declare stable.. well, the team can freeze the developement of some release (last testing 79 suits well), declare it as alpha and post it ready for production (release in zeos.inc and no testing folders) in the SourceForge site.

SF.net is a very large door for new devels... and you may get me wrong, but the zeos SF page is a bit messy right now heheh =)

Hey admins, what you think about having a homepage hosted in SF, not the standard as it is now... I can do it for you! I can use the logos posted in off-topic room :mrgreen:

just some Ideas, disagrees and suggestions are very welcome :)

ah, and sorry for my "country" english heheh.. still learning some crazy things about this crazy language :)

Te Amo Taís!
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

I also agree to do some rework and structure refreshing for the orion portal.
If you need help here, i am experienced with that - Tx for the good support cback offers ;)
fabian
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

Terence wrote:I also agree to do some rework and structure refreshing for the orion portal.
If you need help here, i am experienced with that - Tx for the good support cback offers ;)
Good point!
if you restructure the orion portal, admins can link zeoslib.sf.net and zeoslib.net here! :)

Te Amo Taís!