Forum related to the ZDBC API-Layer

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

marcocir
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 11 exception

Post by marcocir »

Hi All.
I've this exception trying to run an application just ported from Delphi 10.4.2 to Delphi 11.3

Clip1.jpg

This App uses two couples of tzquery and tzconnection to open and manage a very simple tsqllite local database.
The exception raises wihen I open for first time my TZQuery1.

If compiled with 10.4.2 version the App runs without problems, and my sorgent files are *identical*, but ZeosLib version are not identical, so I think there is, maybe, a problem with latest ZLib.

In fact, with Delphi 10.4.2 (and 10.3 too) I use the package from DelphiXE10 installation folder, files seem to bee all dated from 2016, but with Delphi 11.3 I've installed the zeoslib-master zip files downloaded the last 17 of may (2023).
For now I've stopped this porting, May someone help? Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Marco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Delphi 11 exception

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Marco,

"Requested database driver was not found" means that you try to use a driver that Zeos doesn't know.

Given your information, I can only do assumptions here. I assume that with Delphi 10.4 you use Zeos 7.2 or something older? Master currently contains a version of Zeos 8.0. One of the changes from Zeos 7.2 to Zeos 8.0 is that we don't use verion numbers with drivers anymore. so "firebird-2.5" has to be changed to "firebird". The same is true for all other drivers. This has been mentioned in the Zeos 7.2 release notes. See https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/files/documentation/Release%20Notes-7.2.14.pdf/download, Chapter 8 "The future development of Zeos":
Protocols with version numbers will not be used in Zeos 8.0 anymore (i.e. firebird-2.5 will become firebird). Please migrate. Driver names without version numbers were added to Zeos 7.2 to prepare for this.
Best regards,

Jan