Lazarus : Can't find unit ZDbcDbLib used by ZAbstractConnection when compiling Zeos r8041

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Lazarus : Can't find unit ZDbcDbLib used by ZAbstractConnection when compiling Zeos r8041

Post by JD »

Hi there everyone,

I am unable to compile Zeos trunk r8041 in Lazarus 2.2.6/FPC 3.2.2 x86_64-linux-gtk2.

Whenever I try to compile the library, the compilation aborts on line 68 in ZDbcDbLib.pas and displays the message

Code: Select all

ZDbcDbLib.pas(68,37) Fatal: Can't find unit ZDbcDbLib used by ZAbstractConnection
See screenshot below.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Thanks a million.

JD

Zeos r8041 compilation error.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lazarus : Can't find unit ZDbcDbLib used by ZAbstractConnection when compiling Zeos r8041

Post by marsupilami »

Hello JD,

which Linux distribution do you use and do you use the FPC and Lazarus version of that distribution or dou you install them yourself?

With best regards,

Jan
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Lazarus : Can't find unit ZDbcDbLib used by ZAbstractConnection when compiling Zeos r8041

Post by marsupilami »

Hello JD,

did you change something in the ZEOS.INC file? For me the following works as expected:
  • Install Debian 12
  • Install FPC 3.2.2 / Lazarus 2.6.2 using fpcupdeluxe
  • Install the latest Zeos 8 from SVN
With best regards,

Jan
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

Hi there marsupilami,

My environment is
I never modified Zeos.inc or ZeosLazarus.inc in the /src folder.

Cheers,

JD
JD
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by JD »

Hi there,

I finally tracked down the problem. My project setup was referring to an older version of Zeos.

I've corrected the project setup, and it now works correctly.

Sorry for the mix-up, and thanks for your work and your invaluable assistance.

Cheers,

JD